Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HTL Buses
RE: HTL Buses
(15/10/2022 18:43)RyanL385 Wrote:  YJ56 AUM is listed on CBM (Coach and Bus Market) as being on sale so today could’ve potentially been YJ56 AUM’s last day in service.

AUM has been advertised for weeks so it really means nothing, it along with MOF and PPN are buses that were meant to have been taken out of use on the 4th September that are still in use as required.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/10/2022 00:53)CX06 EBK Wrote:  AUM has been advertised for weeks so it really means nothing, it along with MOF and PPN are buses that were meant to have been taken out of use on the 4th September that are still in use as required.

Be short of vehicles and thats why they'll still be in use, no doubt Merseytravel are allowing AUM on tenders despite the age being over the limit now.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
Which is pretty much what I said - these buses are used as required. As for the age I don't think they'll be too worried when Arriva Speke are using an 06 plate on their own tenders almost daily.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
From Merseytravel:

36 services
On Monday 31 October 2022.

Service 36 will be suspended for the rest of the evening.
Due to a driver being hit with a large stone that went through the cab window, the 36 didn't run for most of the previous evening due to safety concerns too.

Merseytravel have opened a consultation on combining the 152 (HTL) and the 315 (SCMSL) services together to provide a link from St. Helens to Southport via Ormskirk.
https://lcrlistens.commonplace.is/en-GB/...sals/step1

Also mentioned in the consultation is the 153 service to have revised times, albeit with a later start but an extra last journey in the afternoon.
Now i wonder if Solo and Saveaway Tickets would be valid on this given it would start/finish in Merseyside

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A new arrival is ADL Enviro 200 YE54BUS (YX09AFK) ex Faresaver, I believe this is for use as a training vehicle for Abacus.

(07/12/2022 19:04)NathanR Wrote:  Merseytravel have opened a consultation on combining the 152 (HTL) and the 315 (SCMSL) services together to provide a link from St. Helens to Southport via Ormskirk.
https://lcrlistens.commonplace.is/en-GB/...sals/step1

Also mentioned in the consultation is the 153 service to have revised times, albeit with a later start but an extra last journey in the afternoon.
Which plonker decided that it would be a good idea for the 153 to have different times on Saturdays which are 1 minute difference to the Mon-Fri.

People who compile these timetables are meant to be professionals and as a bus industry/PTE, the aim should be to make buses simpler to use to encourage usage. Not create stupid timetables which are intentionally confusing. What a farce.

Whoever created these wants sacking since they are clearly incompetent!

Feedback on the general 152 proposal though, It's not a bad idea but given how slow it is, would anyone use it end to end? Interesting to see such an uplift too for Bickerstaffe. It wouldn't save much money but if Bickerstaffe was reduced slightly, that could generate some additional patronage through faster journeys (5 mins faster each way). Some other changes perhaps which could speed up the route but they would bring more routes into the mix.

(07/12/2022 19:57)T42 PVM Wrote:  Now i wonder if Solo and Saveaway Tickets would be valid on this given it would start/finish in Merseyside
They should be valid as they are valid on the 300 aren't they but only for travel 'through' Lancashire, not boarding or alighting.
YJ11 EKK was on the early morning 898 duties this morning.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)