Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HTL Buses
RE: HTL Buses
(14/07/2022 12:22)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Does anyone know if the 188 is being withdrawn?

Seen a note on the timetable in the New Mersey Retail bus stop saying it will be withdrawn from 18th July 2022.

Haven’t seen anything about this online or anywhere else so makes me sceptical

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...7-23-july/

You are correct but 188 is temporary withdrawn presume it be until September when Arriva take it on
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Owing to obvious circumstances with Arriva, what would happen come September 4th in which they will take on the numerous routes acquired from HTL if the matter at hand is still ongoing? Would HTL still be allowed to run the routes until a solution is made with Arriva or would it be another blow for those who rely on the already significantly limited services around the areas covered by the routes?

DK08 AZO is no longer in the fleet list, with a user [808 - Presumably CX06 EBK owing to past edits] with engine failure mentioned, is there an update on this vehicle or is it withdrawn for good? Thanks.
(02/08/2022 16:28)NathanR Wrote:  Owing to obvious circumstances with Arriva, what would happen come September 4th in which they will take on the numerous routes acquired from HTL if the matter at hand is still ongoing? Would HTL still be allowed to run the routes until a solution is made with Arriva or would it be another blow for those who rely on the already significantly limited services around the areas covered by the routes?

DK08 AZO is no longer in the fleet list, with a user [808 - Presumably CX06 EBK owing to past edits] with engine failure mentioned, is there an update on this vehicle or is it withdrawn for good? Thanks.

If non of the other Arriva/Merseytravel contracts are running now then I’d expect them not to run come September. I’m very surprised Arriva haven’t attempted to operate contracts.
If Arriva are still on strike in September then the 3/3A, 166/188 & 204 will simply not run - which will leave south Liverpool in the hands of just the 82, 86, 167 & 174 from that date. It is worth mentioning that some drivers are transferring over with these routes anyway so will not work for HTL from that date.

DK08AZO is still on site but very unlikely to turn a wheel again, AYV moves around the yard but hasn't been out for a while, although I wouldn't rule it out. It is likely with these September changes that SN06BMV will finally be withdrawn but what other buses are likely to go remains to be seen, I would have DK08AYV & SN10CAU as likely others to join it.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(03/08/2022 00:32)CX06 EBK Wrote:  If Arriva are still on strike in September then the 3/3A, 166/188 & 204 will simply not run - which will leave south Liverpool in the hands of just the 82, 86, 167 & 174 from that date. It is worth mentioning that some drivers are transferring over with these routes anyway so will not work for HTL from that date.

Just wondering if there is any reason why these drivers might, or might not, go on strike?
Asking because I don't know what terms they are being brought in under and whether their conditions might not change or might even improve after moving to the new operator.
I guess that would be a strange situation for a driver to join a company and immediately on day 1 be off on strike before even beginning driving.
The other problem I can see rising when Arriva are due to start these routes is route training as apart from the drivers transferring over from HTL have any other drivers had route training on the routes? If not which I can see being the case here then there's going to be a problem when the strike eventually finishes as driver's will be sent out on the road without any training and Arriva are going to have to rush driver's through route training which surely could leave to missing journeys on other route while drivers are being trained up.
(03/08/2022 02:52)Valandil Wrote:  Just wondering if there is any reason why these drivers might, or might not, go on strike?
Asking because I don't know what terms they are being brought in under and whether their conditions might not change or might even improve after moving to the new operator.
I guess that would be a strange situation for a driver to join a company and immediately on day 1 be off on strike before even beginning driving.

It’s worth remembering that not all Arriva drivers will be on strike. There will be non union members who presumably are sitting it out at home. When GNW were on strike non union members were given work in a temporary depot working on TFGM contracts.
As these HTL drivers are not likely to be in the union they have two options, join the union and receive strike pay or sit it out.
As far as I am aware at least at one depot, the non union staff were reporting for their duties as normal - could be wrong but did come from reliable sources. As for the HTL drivers I assume they will go for inductions and such shortly, there aren't that many going anyway and certainly not enough to cover any meaningful work.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(04/08/2022 01:06)CX06 EBK Wrote:  As far as I am aware at least at one depot, the non union staff were reporting for their duties as normal - could be wrong but did come from reliable sources. As for the HTL drivers I assume they will go for inductions and such shortly, there aren't that many going anyway and certainly not enough to cover any meaningful work.

As I thought. All will report to one place - normally away from any picket so they are not technically crossing it and will sit it out all day on full pay.
Is there a particular reason HTL have lost so many routes and drivers?

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)