Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
(12/01/2022 16:45)chris-s Wrote:  Saw what looked like a street deck around old Swan Green lane area today. Part of reg DG 71 with arriva Yorkshire on dest blind. Are these being used for driver training for Green lanes streetdecks?

DG71s are for Green Lane it will most likely be used for training
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/01/2022 17:07)darylyates17 Wrote:  DG71s are for Green Lane it will most likely be used for training

It will have been part of the transfer of 17 buses today to Green Lane that were temp at Birkenhead. May also have been out driver familiarisation.

The final 4 of the batch of 24 will transfer tomorrow.

Green lane was looking a bit full tonight as the buses they will replace haven’t yet moved out!!
Cadet 2501 was transferred from Green Lane to Birkenhead today. Will be scrapped at the end of the month.
2545 has turned up here, sitting on it on 27. Moves well doesn't it, with few rattles
(12/01/2022 16:45)chris-s Wrote:  Saw what looked like a street deck around old Swan Green lane area today. Part of reg DG 71 with arriva Yorkshire on dest blind. Are these being used for driver training for Green lanes streetdecks?

I believe that at least one StreetDeck has been sent across the Pennines for evaluation. How long it will stay there and whether it will run in service I have no idea. A common complaint about these StreetDecks is that they have four-cylinder engines and consequently are under powered so it should be interesting to see how they cope on hilly and demanding terrain.
(20/01/2022 09:46)Barney Wrote:  I believe that at least one StreetDeck has been sent across the Pennines for evaluation. How long it will stay there and whether it will run in service I have no idea. A common complaint about these StreetDeck's is that they have four-cylinder engines and consequently are under powered so it should be interesting to see how they cope on hilly and demanding terrain.

4713 arrived at Ashington depot with Arriva North East a couple of days back

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
There was a street deck out on driver training / familiarisation yesterday I seen it in Knotty Ash yesterday lunchtime
(20/01/2022 07:32)MPTE1955 Wrote:  2545 has turned up here, sitting on it on 27. Moves well doesn't it, with few rattles

Saw this last night by James Street on the 27, had seemingly broke down just after turning onto The Strand though. Glad it was a quick fix.
[quote='gka472l' pid='148513' dateline='1642672736']

4713 arrived at Ashington depot with Arriva North East a couple of days back
[/q
this was seen on the A19 southbound around lunchtime yesterday near Northallerton so it was there for was only a brief stay
it was seen on the A19 southbound around lunchtime yesterday near Northallerton it was here there only a brief while

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)