Current time: 28/03/2024, 07:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
I noticed 4806 was being driven by an engineer along Muirhead Avenue at a snails pace just before 11:30 today, was this in some sort of limp mode feature? I've never seen Gemini 3's going at a very slow rate of speed before.

By the time I got to Liverpool ONE at midday 3047 had presumably replaced it on the 18.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/06/2021 13:01)NathanR Wrote:  I noticed 4806 was being driven by an engineer along Muirhead Avenue at a snails pace just before 11:30 today, was this in some sort of limp mode feature? I've never seen Gemini 3's going at a very slow rate of speed before.

By the time I got to Liverpool ONE at midday 3047 had presumably replaced it on the 18.

I presume its the same om the newer hybrids, on the 13 plates when they go into full limp mode they max out around 17mph.
(28/06/2021 18:34)L401CJF Wrote:  I presume its the same om the newer hybrids, on the 13 plates when they go into full limp mode they max out around 17mph.

Was on a 13 plate hybrid the other month that was limping turbo had blown I think it really struggled getting out of the tunnel was swapped when it got to Laird Street
(28/06/2021 19:47)darylyates17 Wrote:  Was on a 13 plate hybrid the other month that was limping turbo had blown I think it really struggled getting out of the tunnel was swapped when it got to Laird Street

A lot of them really struggle out the tunnel now, not the turbos at fault its the Hybrid batteries which are nearly life expired on most, meaning the motor isn't assisting up the hill and its relying on engine power alone - issue being they're reluctant to downshift and sit on low revs so the turbo isn't kicking in either!
If I am correct, 4657 now has an all-over advertisement for Vodafone, noticed this whilst on 2493 earlier today.
Are the Click Vans for the 201 based here?
(09/08/2021 09:54)darylyates17 Wrote:  Are the Click Vans for the 201 based here?

Yup see them everytime I drive past on the diversion
(09/08/2021 19:15)chris-s Wrote:  Yup see them everytime I drive past on the diversion

I thought so someone keeps editing the Q77 list which puts them down as Speke based rather than Green Lane
I thought they was based at Speke, The ones at Green Lane being used at Driver Shuttles ect

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/08/2021 19:50)T42 PVM Wrote:  I thought they was based at Speke, The ones at Green Lane being used at Driver Shuttles ect

5 buses 1035-1039 based at Green Lane for the 201, Clatterbridge Park & Ride and ArrivaClick Speke Zone.

1024 here for driver shuttle and can be used for service too.

Speke depot has never operated the 201 under Click as its always been based from Green Lane since it was taken over from Halton.

No click services have operated from Speke since 29/3/2020 when services stopped for Covid prior to normal Click service being withdrawn. Since then all run from Green Lane.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)