Current time: 18/04/2024, 16:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Are you interested in what is happening at your local airport?

There is an event on Sunday 13 January at which you can hear some of the history of the airport's development, see the former Terminal Building (Now Crowne Plaza Hotel) and hear about the holidays available with minimal land transport requirements.

The event is being organised by the Friends of Liverpool Airport in conjunction with the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
For more details see: http://fola.org.uk/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Liverpool John Lennon Airport
does liverpool JLA have permanent cargo airlines because according to the Atlantic Airlines website it does frequent cargo flights to Liverpool.
507 mad
Not sure where you looking to get the information - Atlantic Airlines is a regional operator in the USA and Atlantic Airways serves the Faroe Islands.
There are often cargo flights into Liverpool usually with car parts if problems with other transport but no regular (scheduled) cargo services at present.
There is a HMRC approved Transit Shed which deals with any cargo requirements.
are you one of these airport friend people or are you just into your planes?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
thanks for the info gateacre and bolton bus basher no just enquiring because liverpool doesnt have mention of cargo airlines much
Atlantic Airlines used to base a Lockheed L188F at JLA but they dont anymore. They are called West Atlantic now Gateacre after merging with West Air Sweden
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
will we see some Thomson Airways 767's on cruise specials this year?
I haven't seen or heard of anything either way as of yet but I would imagine it will be very dependant upon what the situation is with fleet disposals of the older 763s as the 788s begin to arrive. The ex-FCA birds (particularly those minus the winglets) are due out of the fleet first but they could be retained for cruise work I suppose.

Unless it was a very specific charter with the cruise company though, I'd have thought they would operate out of Manchester given that's where the fleet are all based in the North West; it would be a much greater cost to get a 763 out to Liverpool when you take into account landing fees and handling costs than it would be to simply coach the cruise passengers over to Manchester.

So, if I had to give you an answer, it'd be that it's very unlikely. If you're asking from a spotting perspective though, MAN is much better anyway with the AVP.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Management Changes at Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Press release today regarding the changes:
http://www.liverpoolairport.com/press-of...rport.html
Would I be write I in thinking that Norwegian air shuttle are starting a service to Copenhagen possibly around april.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)