Current time: 14/05/2024, 20:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boxing Day Bus Services
RE: Boxing Day Bus Services
I understand that, my point was there was no services at all from Wigan depot so at least there were services in Merseyside, even if buses were full.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Think of it from another point of view.

Bank Holidays are generally more than single time for the bus, drivers. Probably double time for Boxing Day.

If the bus companies said, ok, we'll run more frequent services, but we are going to charge a premium fare, say 75%-100% more, to reflect the higher operating costs, would you pay the higher fare for an improved Bank Holiday service?

As that isn't particularly practical in Merseyside, (due to fare caps like the Saveaways etc), the only way to operate Bank Holidays whilst remaining profitable is probably to run smaller, less fuel hungry vehicles

You need Merseytravel to contribute something to the services.
Bank holidays we get time and a quarter and then boxing day/new years day we get double time plus a leiu day so it would cost them big time to operate more buses on these days just like first class states so i think the same,merseytravel should pay towards the running if people need more buses on the road for boxing day.
really its basic things that need be sorted like green lane running bootle services, each one of the normally bootle services i seen warranted a decker so the depot should run its own services as they got loads of deckers, green lanes 12/13 and 14 ok they have run more regular along with arriva st helens 10A (or run route 10) and first and route 1 that needs to see deckers and a more early service due to the fact there was at least 50 people waiting for the bus at 9:45 and the first bus was due from liverpool at 10:17

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Money is the root of the problems , somebody has to pay the wages for the staff .

The bus companies now see this day as a money spinner with the frequencies they have , but increase the frequency and it may not be as profitable as you think it is .
I can remember Boxing Day used to be subsidised all day - yes it was a reduced service but at least the service ran until roughly normal last service times.
I also remember boxing day being all subsidised services, however probably at the same time the shops werent open on that day like they are now. It wasnt all that long ago either.
well i have contacted arriva regarding the 10A issue now i look forward to this reply

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A question to Motormayhem is working on Boxing Day compulsory or is it voluntary , seems like it could be a mixture if Bootle is always closed on that day.
Voluntary up until they run out of volunteers at which point it becomes compulsory from my understanding.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)