Current time: 28/04/2024, 23:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cumbria Classic Coaches
Cumbria Classic Coaches
Cumbria Classic Coaches are based at Kirkby Stephen and operate Heritage Route 572 between Ravenstonedale Bus Depot near Kirkby Stephen and Barnard Castle. The route operates all year round on Wednesdays only. On summer Tuesdays they operate route 569 from the deot to Hawes and route 469 Hawes Circular.
Six buses are available for operation of these servives and for various vintage bus hires. The oldest is CRN80, a 1946 Leyland Tiger with East Lancs bodywork with East Lancs bodywork, new to Preston Corporation. I travelled on this bus yesterday on a private hire from the Leeming Hotel at Watermillock, Ullswater to the local church for my cousins daughters wedding.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Cumbria Classic Coaches
Its with sad news under this thread to report that the 1950 Alexander-bodied Alexander Leyland PS1 suffered a major rear end shunt on the M61 a couple of months ago.

Something, something, something Dart Side...
RE: Cumbria Classic Coaches
I stayed in Kirkby Stephen when I toured east Cumbria at the end of July. I timed it to ride routes 569 and 572. They were helpful in emailing me early in the year with news that these routes would be running on the same days, thus enabling me to plan my trip accordingly.

By the way, two quintets of names missing from Kirkby Stephen are:

Stagecoach, First, Arriva, Go-Ahead, National Express
Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)