Current time: 23/04/2024, 14:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DartSLF Bus Awards 2012
Question DartSLF Bus Awards 2012
I created this last year and it was successful, so I've created it again! Please answer the questions by stating your answer and a reason why in a new post. If you'd like to complete this in January, when the year is actually over, you may do so - I'll collect the results at 20:00 on the 02/01/2013!

1) Best company of the year?
Which company has shone during the year?
2) Best effort of the year?
Which company has made outstanding effort with their fleet and services?
3) Best delivery of the year?
Which delivery, old or new, was the best?
4) Hardest goodbye of the year?
What bus/batch of buses saddened you the most when they left their company?
5) Smartest-looking bus/buses of the year?
Which bus/buses looked the best?
6) Rarest sighting of the year?
Which sighting made you look again the most?
7) Surprise of the year?
Which bus shouldn't you have judged by their cover?
8) Disappointment of the year?
Which bus looked too good to be true?
9) Shed of the year?
What was the worst bus that you rode on in 2012?

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: DartSLF Bus Awards 2012
SLT as they have continued to expand mostly none tender wise example the 126 and gaining ther 319 via a merge with strawberry
cumfybus, am still impressed with their 139 extension
the X1 pulsar 2's at runcorn as they are really comfy
the wright axcess ultralows across the arriva north west network
S26 SLT every time i see it its clean and in good condition
R203 CKO on the 575 (one of the 2 evening runs that does not go onto the 362) i was ready to leave mine to race to wigan to get it and it broke down..
7) Surprise of the year?
Arriva st helens getting soloSR and not some versas
the soloSR
9) Shed of the year?
P320 HEM as its suspention really did take the mic

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/12/2012 18:22)3111 Wrote:  I created this last year and it was successful, so I've created it again! Please answer the questions by stating your answer and a reason why in a new post. If you'd like to complete this in January, when the year is actually over, you may do so - I'll collect the results at 20:00 on the 02/01/2013!

Which company has shone during the year?
Which company has made outstanding effort with their fleet and services?
Which delivery, old or new, was the best?
What bus/batch of buses saddened you the most when they left their company?
Which bus/buses looked the best?
Which sighting made you look again the most?
7) Surprise of the year?
Which bus shouldn't you have judged by their cover?
Which bus looked too good to be true?
9) Shed of the year?
What was the worst bus that you rode on in 2012?

1) Certainly Arriva. They have immaculate buses at Jesmond depot, and there services usually run to timetable. The have great, new buses as well as some heritage. I am sure Ashington and the other depots are the same...

2) Well, it has to be Pygall's Coaches. The owner has spent lots of money to restore a lifeline bus service in Horden. He took a huge risk, as he had no idea if it would work, so I really hope it goes well for him. The service has not done so well during it's first 11 days, but I am hopeful it will improve.

3) Has to be those Green Hybrids on the 21. They are amazing... Smooth ride, beautiful interior and lots of extras Smile

4) The stiders that were based at Arriva's ashington depot. They were full of charachter, had a old-fashioned interior and I loved everything about them. I am sure everyone missed them Sad

5) It has to be those Tyne-Tees express geminis GNE bought. There livery is superb (better than the usual crap), they have a nice interior and are just a good bus overall!

6) Bit though that one, but I think I will go with a Solo on the 58, which is a bendi usually! I could not believe my eyes! - I thought I was in dreamland!

7) Arriva's Pulsars. I thought, I am sick of these stupid pulsars, but when I rode them I was impressed!

8) The bendi citaros GNE acquired from London General. I was horrified, the are characterless, unreliable, tatty and just bad buses. Half of the time there are random buses on the 58/X66.

9) SPD's. They are one of the worst buses I have experienced. They rattle, they are uncomfortable, slow and just a bad bus overall...

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
with me not being in merseyside,done mine on yorkshire

Arriva Yorkshire - Putting 82 Brand New Buses plus starting a major referbishment program of older buses has been
amazing
Once Again,Arriva Yorkshire,For the same reasons as above

Ross Travel (Pontefract)`s New Enviro 200

First West Yorkshires Alexander Royales,They have served yorkshire well (even though firstbus are behind plans & some
are still in service)

ADL Enviro 200 Demo YX61 DOU,fantastic bus but shame operaters dont splash the cash to get buses to the spec

Arriva Wright Gemini 2 On the Free City Bus,turned up this has happend about 5 times so far now

7) Surprise of the year?
YJ12 GVO,Actully well built for an optare & very smooth ride

First Leeds new B9TL,Most got vandalised within a few week & first havent taken the best care of them

9) Shed of the year?
YJ51 XSH,Too Slow for words,once got it from glossop to Huddersfield on Summer service 951,took best part of Half hour to get up Holme Moss then stuggled to get speed going on the flats
1) Probably Arriva. Over the past year or so they have transformed a lot of areas in Merseyside, namely Bootle, Birkenhead and Speke. Not what it used to be with smoky B10Bs and Step Darts everywhere!

2) Howards Travel definitely. Fleet is always immaculate and they seem to be doing quite good for themselves at the minute.

3) It'll have to be the new Pulsars at Runcorn, nice to see Arriva investing in proper high quality vehicles rather then taking the budget route.

4) Definitely the Ultralow's! Those of you who know me well know I liked them Ultralows, shame when the final four went out of service in April. At least we can be thankful 5309 (my favourite!) is saved up in Kirkby.

5) Easy one for me that, the batch of Speke B7s when freshly refurbished. They look even better now then when brand new.

6) When one of the unrefurbished Prestiges (2476/7, can't quite remember what one) appeared on the 79 a few weeks ago. Lucky this doesn't happen often!

7) Dennis Dart 2231. I've heard all the stories about it being unreliable and having all sorts of work done over the years, but when I rode it it was one of the best Darts on the road!

8) The refurbished VDL Cadets at Runcorn. The plastics and seat cushions simply don't match and some have had a very sloppy refurbishment.

9) Don't even need to think about this one! This has to go to Green Lane Dart 2310. It couldn't go any higher than 40MPH (sad thing is I'm serious...) rattled like there was no tomorrow in it's twilight days and was just an all round shed. Thank God it's now withdrawn.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Arriva North West - I think they've made some excellent investments this year

PeoplesBus - I think PeoplesBus have also made some excellent investments this year

The PeoplesBus Tridents - I've not been on one but from what I've seen and heard about them they're excellent buses

Bus Vannin's DAFs - The best buses in the current fleet in my opinion. I'm pleased that they're seeing further use in Blackpool

Bus Vannin's Volvo B9TLs - They've always looked good in maroon and cream

Bus Vannin's DAF 80 FMN-503-T on the early morning service 12. It's always been a Citaro apart from on this one occasion

7) Surprise of the year?
The Bus Vannin Mercedes-Benz Citaros - I wasn't expecting anything special when I first rode on one however I think the ride quality is good and they are very agile and fast buses

I can't really decide this one. I'll add this one in at another time

9) Shed of the year?
5318 P318 HEM
Best company:
First Chester And the Wirral. Reason? Well, I Have used this company a lot this year and they have impressed me a lot! There services were mostly on time and buses in a very good condition.

Best Effort:
First Chester and The Wirral, For mostly the same reasons as above, Shame to see them go!

Best Delivery:
YJ60 GDK & YJ60 GGV From Midland to D&G bus. These buses are fantastic! Smooth, No rattles and They are in immaculate condition!

Hardest Goodbye:
N705/6/7/8 TPK (3350/1/2/3) I didnt include 3354 as that was hit by a bridge :P The buses were very Good! These had a very nice interior before they were refurburished! Shame these were replaced in Jan 2012 with R-WVR' >Sad

Smartest of the year:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...222062090/ (Credit to 3111!)
Peoplesbus Y1 BUS! This looks ace in the new livrey!

Rarest: ANE V748 ECU MPD On the 5/X5! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...=3&theater

Suprise of the year! Arriva Wrexham's 4061! This perfomed great! And i was shocked when i heard that it's Driveshaft had broken!!

Dissapointment:
ANE ADL Enviro400 7501. I Looked forward to riding these on my holiday, Except this one! It's dire compared to the rest!

SHED!
P320 HEM (5320) GL Depot. I had this on the 8 at the start of the year and I felt sick afterwars! Dire thing!
Arriva North West. Lots of investment into fleet. Timekeeping has improved markedly. Problems on the QBP route probably more attributable to other parties (First Group/Merseytravel/Councils etc).

Again, I think Arriva North West have put a lot of effort into their operations, especially on Merseyside.

Helms of Eastham 121 SN56AWW Alexander Dennis Trident Enviro 400 ex Ensignbus
Very smart buses, in good condition, as well as providing much needed capacity into Chester City Centre from the station.

Doesn't really bother me. Most of the buses that have been scrapped/moved were unsuitable for modern day running.

I am very impressed with the Arriva Wales Cymru Coastliner fleet operating on the 11 between Chester & Rhyl. Free WiFi and decent leather seating, with plenty of seats available.

Not really noticed anything out of the ordinary. Solar on the First 41/42 probably!

7) Surprise of the year?

n/a

Optare Solo Hybrid. Just another bus really!

9) Shed of the year?
Whichever Impera single deck bus has ex-Stagecoach branded seat covers. Really uncomfortable with a very poor ride, looking quite tired overall.
Are we also doing the forum members awards this year?
(13/12/2012 23:01)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Are we also doing the forum members awards this year?

No, unfortunately we aren't. They have a history of being divisive and have caused arguments in the past on here.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)