Current time: 02/05/2024, 11:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PeoplesBus
RE: Peoplesbus
(07/07/2014 15:24)mathias Wrote:  That's (YJ55 WRC) an SB120/Cadet new to Smith Coaches of Patna, East Ayrshire.
It was recently for sale at Drew Wilson Coach Sales.

Seen here when it was at Irvine's....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsbusp...338278773/
(Photo Credit; David Oakley)

Thanks for that.

On another matter, I have noted on FB that some lovely little darlings done some vandalising of seats on school service 715 today, they are not going to have a bus tomorrow so serves them right doesn't it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It isn't fair on the rest of the kids that there isn't a bus due to an act of vandalism by one or a couple of people. Surely the bus has CCTV so the person(s) involved can be identified and suitably punished.

SD.
(26/06/2014 22:07)Barney Wrote:  According to the Merseytravel site, Peoplesbus have been awarded the 144/5 that runs between Bootle and Litherland starting the 7th of July. This is quite a departure for Peoplesbus as most of their tendered work is for schools services. I wonder what vehicles they will use? At present Cumfybus use a range of Optare Solos which are generally adequate for loadings. Surely they are not planning on using a couple of their ex-London ALX 400s. Are they?

As I predicated,Peoplesbus have had to call upon one of their ALX 400s (L80 BUS) to maintain their service on the 145. I thought that this would happen at some point, but I didn't think it would be on its second day of operation. Mind you, it may well be needed when the two scools let out later today. At the moment, it's bemusing the two old ladies on it. And no, they haven't sat up stairs.
There was a couple of ALX400's knocking around yesterday at Bootle Strand as well, how many went out on service I don't know. Today I noticed the ex London Pally sitting at the strand, again whether it was for service I wouldn't know as haven't been down, I would doubt it though. One thing that does make a change is that we are not seeing any tatty untidy looking panel mis-matched solo's around anymore due to a certain company not operating in Bootle anymore.
(08/07/2014 13:04)Barney Wrote:  As I predicated,Peoplesbus have had to call upon one of their ALX 400s (L80 BUS) to maintain their service on the 145. I thought that this would happen at some point, but I didn't think it would be on its second day of operation.
L90 BUS was on them yesterday!

The Cadet (which looks nice in their livery) is on the 52 today - it goes onto the 68 then 168 tonight!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/07/2014 18:32)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Thanks for that.

On another matter, I have noted on FB that some lovely little darlings done some vandalising of seats on school service 715 today, they are not going to have a bus tomorrow so serves them right doesn't it.

The CCTV footage of this was downloaded and passed to the Police and the culprit has been identified (Credit Peoplesbus Facebook page) The offender should be made to pay compensation for the damage they caused in my opinion. This is not the first time Peoplesbus have had a vehicle damaged in these circumstances.
It pays to have CCTV fitted to the vehicles , at one time the little cherubs thought they could get away with that sort of thing but not now .
It doesn't just happen to peoples bus either, have you seen the state of some of the windows on Maghull Coaches deckers, window etched and marked, these are buses that are really only used for schools. Problem is that some rogue kids give the whole lot a bad name, these scholls contracts must be lucrative otherwise I'm sure that firms wouldn't take the work.
(09/07/2014 07:01)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It doesn't just happen to peoples bus either, have you seen the state of some of the windows on Maghull Coaches deckers, window etched and marked, these are buses that are really only used for schools. Problem is that some rogue kids give the whole lot a bad name, these scholls contracts must be lucrative otherwise I'm sure that firms wouldn't take the work.

Are they ex-London mate? TBF may have been scratched up before Maghull acquired them as that used to be a big problem before London operators stuck the film on the windows.
(09/07/2014 09:57)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Are they ex-London mate? TBF may have been scratched up before Maghull acquired them as that used to be a big problem before London operators stuck the film on the windows.

There are V platers that they have had for ages, I know window etching is an issue on ex-London buses, but the V plate tridents they operate have been around too long for it to be blamed on that. The fact that you can see some of this from another bus tells its own story.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)