Current time: 02/05/2024, 13:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PeoplesBus
RE: Peoplesbus
(21/04/2013 23:14)Harryn9000 Wrote:  i no but that y they probabley got albelio buses with there buses on soccerbus duty

The Abellio Dennis Tridents are for the city centre rail replacements, the rest of PeoplesBus' own fldet will therefore operate on their usual duties with one PeoplesBus Dennis Trident being parked in the city centre as a spare if the need be it needs to cover onevof the Abellio ones.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
YN51KUX was at moorfields this morning looks like they have some of the same ones back that selwyns operated on the central closure last year.
Find all posts by this user
Very interesting news article in this week's routeone magazine about Peoplesbus, saying that they will be teaming up with the Green Bus from September for four services in Liverpool. Four Tridents to be purchased by Peoplesbus and painted into Green Bus livery:

http://www.route-one.net/issues/486/index.html#/12/

Also in the previous week's edition one of Peoplesbus's Tridents was road tested in a big article, you can read it by altering the 486 to 485 in the link.
cant get onto the article, does it say what routes?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
All school bus routes as far as I'm aware, though I'm not sure which ones!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
oh right, thanks ste

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Four new ones to a catholic school in Sefton, nothing to do with Merseytravel it would appear.
It seems that after a long time being the poor relations of the service bus industry that school buses may soon be getting decent vehicles , in the old days school buses where always the vehicles that where coming to the end of there life .
True enough wirralbus but that was always going to be the case when catch-all operators such as Mersyside PTE, GM Buses and the NBC companies covered everything.

Nowadays you have firms such as Peoplesbus who do more school work than anything else and can focus on it as their primary duties which from what I see they do well in terms of vehicle turn-out.

In many cases around the country you can find smaller firms running newer buses on school work than the local 'big group' member is using on all-day turns.
(10/05/2013 15:35)126th street Wrote:  Four new ones to a catholic school in Sefton, nothing to do with Merseytravel it would appear.

Its actually Bellerive in Sefton Park Liverpool, the contract is currently operated by Holmeswood.

Peoplebus will be operating it on a franchise for Green Bus using accquired buses with Green Bus specification i.e GPS and Free Wifi, both parents and pupils will be able to download apps and track the service in real time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)