Current time: 16/04/2024, 15:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PeoplesBus
RE: PeoplesBus
Well not sure when or if they are going as they are advertising their safari express on Fb right now
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/07/2021 18:36)iMarkeh Wrote:  Merseytravel don't need to inform people as things will continue until the end of August. Around mid August or when the service changes are posted for the September uplift, I trust that is when the news will be published officially.

It's not them closing with immediate effect and therefore Merseytravel probably won't put something out

Somebody asked Merseytravel today were peoplesbus still operating this week, Merseytravel had to tag Peoplesbus to get the answer. If Merseytravel were aware they would clarify to stop getting all the repeat questions.

Until it’s confirmed by peoplesbus themselves it’s nothing more than a rumour.
(18/07/2021 19:06)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Well not sure when or if they are going as they are advertising their safari express on Fb right now

And recruiting school bus drivers on their website.
(18/07/2021 19:40)Mayneway Wrote:  And recruiting school bus drivers on their website.

It's been said by there own drivers that they have been informed from the end of August they will cease trading as they have received redundancy notices.
I personally know one of the drivers who put it on facebook and said the owner feels it's the best time to wind it up and follow other interests while his still relatively young.
I was the person who asked Merseytravel on Twitter. The reason I asked, was simply to confirm or deny the claims that they had ceased trading there and then. The answer, from Peoplesbus, confirmed they were still operating.

I probably have, unintentionally also reassured regular passengers that services are carrying on as normal.
(18/07/2021 20:35)motormayhem1 Wrote:  It's been said by there own drivers that they have been informed from the end of August they will cease trading as they have received redundancy notices.
I personally know one of the drivers who put it on facebook and said the owner feels it's the best time to wind it up and follow other interests while his still relatively young.

Not a great business decision not to make something public. Firstly potentially someone may be interested in the company as a going concern - saving drivers jobs and income, and secondly if the decision has been made to wind things up at a later date the uncertainty of are they trading are they not, won’t do their commercial services much good.
And to make things even stranger the only confirmation seems to have come from the owner of a rival firm.
There is a post on one of the Facebook groups by a driver (who as I understand is close to the owner) confirming it is a managed closure over the next 6 weeks. The Twitter post asked if they were operating normally today and this coming week, which they are so nothing unusual in the reply.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Don't think that these are closing, they are advertising for jobs in the engineering area.
(20/08/2021 08:34)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Don't think that these are closing, they are advertising for jobs in the engineering area.

Apparently his gonna keep it going for the time being.
(20/08/2021 19:24)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Apparently his gonna keep it going for the time being.

Obviously had a change of mind. Good to see anyway.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)