Current time: 24/04/2024, 07:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FlyBE
FlyBE
I was shocked to notice no thread on FlyBE now. I think there was one until we lost all our previous work at the end of May.

FlyBE took over the Manchester-Newquay route after Air South West closed down. They originally ran at around 10am but I am delighted to see that it now (or by April next year) be around lunchtime.

As I am going to west Devon then I have just booked FlyBe from Manchester to Newquay for my outbound journey. I used FlyBE from Southampton to Manchester on a Friday recently as the fare was much the same as the cheapest rail fare. It made a refreshing change. Within my experience FlyBe rarely experience delays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: FlyBE
I'm on FlyBe next week to Milan. I do like their Embraers. And the Dash/Bombardiers aren't bad either.
Enjoy your trip SNL! You will like the mixture of modern and heritage trams there.

Judging by the seating plan, my flight to Newquay will be the same type of aircraft as my flight from Southampton the other week.
Thanks -I've been to the Milan area a few times -but this is the first time I've had the opportunity to go into the city centre, so I'll certainly look out for the trams.
Ive flew with flybe to the Isle of Man about 6 times now and have to say ive never been delayed by them(myself missing the flight doesnt count lol) Dash 8s are sometimes full or have at least 20-30 people on. Crews are always nice and polite
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/12/2012 23:26)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Enjoy your trip SNL! You will like the mixture of modern and heritage trams there.

Judging by the seating plan, my flight to Newquay will be the same type of aircraft as my flight from Southampton the other week.

I see what you mean - an eclectic mix of vintage and state of the art. Didn't
get time to go for a ride but good views from my hotel room by Garibaldi Station.

Flew both ways on G-FBJH an E170 that's just a couple of months old. Lovely aircraft, and as usual great friendly onboard service. But online check in was a real pain in the backside.
(13/12/2012 22:52)SNL 824 Wrote:  I see what you mean - an eclectic mix of vintage and state of the art. Didn't
get time to go for a ride but good views from my hotel room by Garibaldi Station.

Flew both ways on G-FBJH an E170 that's just a couple of months old. Lovely aircraft, and as usual great friendly onboard service. But online check in was a real pain in the backside.

Glad you enjoyed your flights and sight of the trams in Milan. I am no connosieur of planes (sorry for using French when you went to Italy!) but your feedback has helped me look forward to my FlyBE flight in April.
FlyBE have announced they are pulling out of London Gatwick next March and selling their slots to EasyJet. However, EasyJet hope to expand their flights to holiday destinations in Europe and not necessarily replace FlyBE routes such as to Newquay, Newcastle and Inverness.
It doesn't surprise me. Flybe work on margins which are unbelievably tight as it is and which, with larger jets filling no more seats, Easyjet would be unable to maintain, particularly if the routes aren't proving hugely profitable for Flybe. Easyjet shrank their domestic network some time ago for good reason - the railways.

Other than the somewhat lucrative Heathrow to Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow routes, the UK domestic market is poor as far as flights go so rather than see the slots go to waste, it's good to see Easyjet expanding their network whilst other operators are having to reduce theirs along with the size of their fleet, at the sacrifice of reliability *cough*TCX*cough*.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
FlyBe have a new livery - purple! - Dash 8 G-JECY is first in the new livery. Also five E190s are now in store - three at Exeter and two at Newquay.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)