Current time: 04/05/2024, 11:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transport Magazines
RE: Transport Magazines
I Have Airliner World on Subscription along with Earthmovers. I buy Car mechanics and now and again Land Rover Owner Interntional.
Rarely buy buses as half the info is out of date
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I enjoy the articles in Buses now more than the Fleet News section at the rear as some of the information is questionable at one time wasnt it cross checked by the fleetnews compiler .
Find all posts by this user
I also get Bus User (the magazine of Bus Users UK), so I get publications from an enthusiast and passenger perspective.
I have to admit that the Bus Passenger and the Bus Enthusiast usually wanted something different do they get something different in there respective publications .
Basically yes. Whereas the likes of Buses is usually more focussed on operators and rare vehicles, Bus User concerntrates on what the passengers sees ie standards of service of service. As an example, Bus User has a Mystery Shopper who will to go a town/city which have no previous knowledge and see what levels of information are easily available (ie timetables, fares information etc) and then attempt to make a few local journeys to see what the services are like on the ground - very interesting.
Superb article on newly restored MPTE Leyland Atlantean 1021 A101HLV in the latest issue of bus & coach preservation and i have to say what a superb restoration a real credit to its owner saw it in the flesh too at the wirral bus & tram show what a cracking bus.
Buses
Bus & Coach Preservation
Classic Bus
Coach & Bus Week
Bus Fayre
Vintage RoadScene
Plus others that I pick up when I see them but don't buy every issue.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)