Current time: 24/04/2024, 11:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

London Underground
London Underground
C Stock 5532/6532 and 5575/6575 have been sent for scrap.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: London Underground
Are the new S8 Stock replacing all the C stock so all subsurface lines bar the District will operate with S stock?

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
They are also replacing the D Stock too!! Sad Although they will be replacing the C stock first. And will be called the S7 to correspond with their number of coaches.
I believe deliveries of S7 are currently suspended while issues with the S stock are worked out. 2 S7 sets have been moved over to the Metropolitan Line to cover for S8 sets which are going back to Bombardier 2 at a time for rectification.

The S7 sets on loan supposedly have an extra car inserted to make the S7+1, or 8 cars overall.
I suppose they all do need replacing really but it will be a lengthy process. Thats also interesting about the Metropolitan Line gaining 2 S7+1 stock although are they actually any different fom the S8 stock?

The seating layouts are different. They're only on loan to cover the rectification work, should be back to S7 and the H&C before the new year.
Ahhh right, so the S7 probably have more sideway facing seats because of the shorter journey times?

Yes - S7 sets are all longitudinally seated, while the S8s are a mixture, but mainly transverse.
I thought so, it makes logical sense.

(23/10/2012 20:42)childwallblues Wrote:  C Stock 5532/6532 and 5575/6575 have been sent for scrap.

I guess now that all A class have been withdrawn, recent S class deliveries are S7s, enabling C class vehicles to be withdrawn. I rode a C class in September, and suddenly wonder whether any will still be in service by the end of next year.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)