Current time: 17/05/2024, 04:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
I had a very good day at Lillyhall yesterday. I parked the car up just round the corner from the depot and flagged down Enviro300 22609 (PX08 CTV) currently in Cumberland livery. This bus was running the park and ride circular shuttle to and from the depot. As we got into the depot, there was quite a selection of buses to look around and after taking some photograph's and having a browse around the stalls, I enjoyed 3 rides to Workington and back on 3 different buses.

First ride was on Leyland National (WHH 556S) owned by the Workington Transport Heritage Trust, a very well looked after bus and had a good run of speed down to Workington. After returning to Lillyhall depot I got straight off this and onto Stagecoach Bluebird Volvo B10MA Plaxton Premiere Interurban 51063 (TSU 642 ). I have never been on one of these coach's before so had to have a ride, as we arrived in Workington I decided to sit in the bendy part for the return journey, I was bouncing around back to Lillyhall with the front & rear part of the coach disappearing every now and again! The third ride was on CMS Cumberland Bristol VR 431 (PHH 149W) Another nice ride down to Workington, as we entered the bus station this time, one of the MAN ALX300's was having a bit of trouble leaving the stand while on the 31. (these newer buses :P) As this was now blocking the bus station up, 431 pulled in front of it and picked up a full load for the return trip to Lillyhall. Arriving back to the depot it was time for me to leave, so popped back onto 22609 to get back to the car.

For my first visit, I found it to be a really enjoyable day and well done to all involved.

A few photo's below.

More photo's including the Bike & ride bus:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - N301 CKB - 03/06/2012 14:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)