Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(14/06/2012 11:53)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  It depends what day you'll be here.
Windermere has 599 (5 open tops Monday-Friday, 6 on weekend, every 20 minutes each direction), 555 (6 Scania's every hour each direction) and 505 (hourly, B10M's but may get a Solo). On a weekend you also have service 508 (2 B10M's on Saturday, 1 B10M and 1 Solo on Sunday, running every 2 hours). There's also Reays 55 service, only 3 return trips per day, 4 on a weekend, with their summer timetable starting (2 buses instead of 1, on a slightly more frequent timetable) early July.
If you go up to Ambleside, you'll also get to see service 516 (B10M or Solo).
As for riding, service 599 is usually a must, being open top. 16393 is still there on loan for now, but will be out of service when 17221 is finally on the road.

I'd also recommend you visit Kendal for photo's, only about 20 minutes on 555 from Windermere. You'd get a B10M on Stagecoach operated 106 journeys, and a Solo or Versa on Apollo 8 Travel journeys (shared council contract, 1 operator from each end of the route), along with B10M's on service 551/552 and 567. May also get a Leyland Olympian on service 530. I'd recommend taking photo's of the town services as well, for reasons which will become apparant in a couple of months. Service 755 is also in Kendal, to Morecambe, and is usually operated by a Volvo Olympian, but could get a Trident on there, and there's also service X35, which is supposed to use council owned Tridents, but they're rather unreliable so could get a refurbished Volvo Olympian or 6/6A branded Trident (from Barrow depot).

Depot's, Kendal depot is in Kendal Town Centre, they will let you stand outside the gate or garage exit door to take photos of the vehicles inside, as long as you don't obstruct vehicles moving in and out the depot. In Ambleside, there's usually something parked up on the coach park, which is the Lakes outstation. A few buses stay out there to start early morning duty in Ambleside or Windermere, to save running to and from Kendal early morning.

Thanks for that! I will defiantly ride the 559, and probably visit Kendal and/or Ambleside.

Thanks again Smile

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
MEs new Enviro400s 10019,28 and 31 are out in service on the 2/2As and 18375/80 are being transferred to barrow(17/6).
17014 will be carrying the Olympic Flame between Grasmere and Ambleside later tonight.

Ta DR.
Kendal Solo 47018 is in Carlisle Bus Station this morning. Not sure if this is a transfer or just visiting.Huh[/b]
It's a transfer.
It's back where it belongs. It was only supposed to be on loan to Kendal for a few weeks, back in March for roadworks shuttle, ended up staying there for just over 3 months! Now we finally have it back, I'd imagine 47474 will hopefully find a proper home.

47021 is in service at Kendal now, 47019 will be joining it soon, for new service X33 starting later on in July, I can't remember if it starts at Ambleside or Coniston, but it goes up to Ravenglass. It's a new bike carrying service, those 2 Solo's will be able to carry 2 bikes, but don't have an extra charge like Bike & Ride 800 does.
hoping to get up to carlisle on wednesday can someone tell me which route the volvo b10s work please or do they only work as a last resort
(25/06/2012 05:38)dave4jackie Wrote:  hoping to get up to carlisle on wednesday can someone tell me which route the volvo b10s work please or do they only work as a last resort

93, 94 and 97 (irregular timetables, only take 2 in total) are pretty much guaranteed a B10M. Some journeys on Carlisle - Blackwell/Stoneraise School 38 (previously 66) will see the B10M's used on those services whilst on layover. The 09:40 and 13:40 600's take a Carlisle based B10M too, while usually the 11:40 takes a Lillyhall based one, but not always. You can usually find a Lillyhall based one on 10:55 554 too.
The other Carlisle based B10M's work service 106 in Penrith (2 B10M's) and the others can often be found covering unreliable MAN Enviro 300's on 79 and 179.
(25/06/2012 06:32)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  
(25/06/2012 05:38)dave4jackie Wrote:  hoping to get up to carlisle on wednesday can someone tell me which route the volvo b10s work please or do they only work as a last resort

93, 94 and 97 (irregular timetables, only take 2 in total) are pretty much guaranteed a B10M. Some journeys on Carlisle - Blackwell/Stoneraise School 38 (previously 66) will see the B10M's used on those services whilst on layover. The 09:40 and 13:40 600's take a Carlisle based B10M too, while usually the 11:40 takes a Lillyhall based one, but not always. You can usually find a Lillyhall based one on 10:55 554 too.
The other Carlisle based B10M's work service 106 in Penrith (2 B10M's) and the others can often be found covering unreliable MAN Enviro 300's on 79 and 179.

thanks for that,finally which route do the solos run on please
69 and Brampton 685's usually, will most likely just be the 51 plate's though, both were out today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)