Current time: 18/04/2024, 00:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Route History
RE: Route History
(25/08/2020 12:10)MTL0201 Wrote:  Anyone know when the 352/362 were split at Wigan, as at d-reg these were extended from Wigan to Chorley via the pre d-reg 125 route[now 362 route], there was a 342/352/362/372, main differences were between Billinge & Wigan, as 342 went via Winstanley Road, Pemberton Road, Highfield Grange Avenue & Poolstock Lane, 352 was the direct route via Upholland Road, St James Road, Moor Road, 362 via Orrell Station, 372 via Tontine, but all operated through to Chorley

Think it was in the late 90s with the Sunday being cut back possibly as late as Arriva's MTL takeover in 2000 as I know the Sunday service was still running through in 1999 when I used to use the Day Rider on a weekend. The ticket then had a condition where if bought after 3pm on a Friday was valid though until Monday morning - now that was value for money!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Sunday service still ran through to Chorley in 2002, was it not the 2006 changes that ended this?
(25/08/2020 14:36)jcksmnr Wrote:  The Sunday service still ran through to Chorley in 2002, was it not the 2006 changes that ended this?
I knew it was running through long after the Mon - Sat was withdrawn.
Bit of a longshot, but I'm looking for route details of some of the former joblink services introduced around 2004. In particular, I'm looking for the following:

801 Paradise Street - Alder Hey
802 Brunswick - Alder Hey
846 Wavertree - Netherthon via Walton
868 Toxteth - Toxteth via Netherton

Any ideas?
Timetable World have revamped there website & now include some bus timetable books mostly from the late 60s, they have Crosville no 2 area[Liverpool, Wirral & Halton], the old North Western Road Car Company, & many more up.
https://timetableworld.com/ttw-search

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(03/10/2020 14:25)Walton 46 Wrote:  Bit of a longshot, but I'm looking for route details of some of the former joblink services introduced around 2004. In particular, I'm looking for the following:

801 Paradise Street - Alder Hey
802 Brunswick - Alder Hey
846 Wavertree - Netherthon via Walton
868 Toxteth - Toxteth via Netherton

Any ideas?

I've got a load of info on various Joblink services from around the time on my PC

I'll have a look when I can (probably later this week) and see where is there but I'm sure I'll have something on some of them.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Sound some info 801

ROUTE: FROM PARADISE STREET BUS STATION via South John Street, North John Street, Dale Street, Exchange Street East, Tithebarn Street, Vauxhall Road, Burlington
Street, Limekiln Lane, Silvester Street, Vauxhall Road, Lightbody Street, Barmouth Way, Boundary Street, Great Howard Street, Derby Road, Sandhills Lane, Lambeth Road,
Smith Street, Kirkdale Road, Everton Valley, Walton Breck Road, Lower Breck Road, Rocky Lane, Sheil Road, Kensington, Holt Road, Durning Road, Wavertree Road,
Wavertree Boulevard, Dryden Road, Pighue Lane, Crawford Way, Binns Road, Montrose Way, Edge Lane, Edge Lane Drive, Broadgreen Road, Bowring Park Road, Thomas
Lane, Thomas Drive, BROADGREEN HOSPITAL, Thomas Drive, Thomas Lane, Brookside Avenue, East Prescot Road, Eaton Road to ALDER HEY HOSPITAL.
RETURN via Eaton Road, Alder Road, Blackmoor Drive, Brookside Avenue, Thomas Lane, Thomas Drive, Queens Drive, Edge Lane Drive, then via reverse of above route to
Vauxhall Road, then Great Crosshall Street, Byrom Street, Old Haymarket, Whitechapel, Crosshall Street, Dale Street, Castle Street, Lord Street, South John Street to Paradise

Route 802

ROUTE: FROM BRUNSWICK STATION via Sefton Street, Parliament Street, Park Road, Warwick Street, Upper Warwick Street, Princes Avenue (returning via Princes Road),
Kingsley Road, Crown Street, Liverpool Women’s Hospital Grounds, Crown Street, Upper Parliament Street, Tunnel Road, Wavertree Road, Wavertree Boulevard, Dryden
Road, Wavertree Avenue, Rathbone Road, St Oswald’s Street, Prescot Road, Queens Drive, Thomas Drive, Thomas Lane, Brookside Avenue, East Prescot Road, Eaton Road to
ALDER HEY HOSPITAL.
RETURN via Eaton Road, Alder Road, Blackmoor Drive, Brookside Avenue, Thomas Lane, Thomas Drive, Queens Drive, Queens Drive Turnaround, Queens Drive, Prescot
Road, then via reverse of above route to Brunswick Station.

.pdf  joblink Wavertree .pdf (Size: 792.47 KB / Downloads: 9)

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
I've recently aquired a timetable for the Merseyrider 67 service circa 1996. This ran from Bootle Strand to Halewood Okell Drive via Merton Road, County Road, then via 68 route to Queens Drive, then Childwall Fiveways, Netherley and Gerrards Lane. What other routes were operated under the Merseyrider brand?
I have a distant memory of the Evening & Sunday 102 service starting at Huyton using Merseyriders Mercedes Minibuses although not sure what year it was.
(14/10/2020 20:54)Walton 46 Wrote:  I've recently aquired a timetable for the Merseyrider 67 service circa 1996. This ran from Bootle Strand to Halewood Okell Drive via Merton Road, County Road, then via 68 route to Queens Drive, then Childwall Fiveways, Netherley and Gerrards Lane. What other routes were operated under the Merseyrider brand?

30 Netherton-City Centre. Mid 90s, using blue and silver liveried EL-bodied Atlanteans.

103 Waterloo-Aigburth Vale using Alexander Strider-bodied Volvo B10Bs, new to MTL in 1994.

The Beatles, Fountains Of Wayne, XTC, The Who, ELO

Power Pop For All
[font=Impact][/font]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)