Current time: 01/05/2024, 23:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(13/10/2013 22:51)Scania1996 Wrote:  
(13/10/2013 20:33)MPTE1955 Wrote:  No its TRUE, we seen that with 2402 & 3 didn't we, don't know whether I have just got used to them or I just don't mind the mylleniums with using them daily on 81. The ex LS ones badly need a tidy up inside, the grab rails covered in yellow tape instead of repainted is ridiculous. Other than that all the mylleniums seem to move well with a good turn of speed.

I agree with you on the ex Birkenhead Mylleniums, the reason the grab rails are covered in tape is because the plastic coating has been peeled away for some reason or another (probably vandalism). As far as I know it's just the Mylleniums that have this coating opposed to paint like the rest of the fleet,its a stupid design if you ask me. Other than the rattles I think the Mylleniums are great, they have a nice, strong sounding engine and they are something different in the fleet. Just like the Ultralows they have something about them and sound like a proper bus unlike Pulsar, just my opinion.

It isn't due to vandalism, it's due the pole design (smooth) and having only that very thin layer of paint/coating that is unprotected, and thus flakes away with sweat, scraping past them etc... very easily.
There will be more evidence of vandalism towards the rear of the buses where they have been peeled away, but only due to them having patches where it has flaked away prior, encouraging people to peel it off

I'm not going to lie myself, I do like the mylleniums, some of them are great (I like 2463/5), they seem to be the last of the "proper" buses being high capacity, they 'chug' as they go along, they feel heavy, the seats are far from level, and they're the only type left at Speke with a ZF gearbox (excl. 2732/3).
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Speke - M113 YKC - 31/05/2012, 21:22
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 14/10/2013 07:53

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)