Current time: 02/05/2024, 01:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(17/01/2013 22:02)507009 Wrote:  Had a ride on 4108 this evening, and have to say it is absolutely excellent. This could be the best of the batch now and, by extension, the best double decker in the ANW fleet.

What I can't understand is that despite it having received P&P, it partly carries one of the Stop Cock full rear adverts that 4119 wore for a time in late 2011. This almost looks like it has been fitted after P&P was carried out, with the advert not extending all the way down. The original Volvo and Alexander Dennis badges remain on the rear, with the rear bumper painted to Interurban standard. I assume this was one of the first of Speke's B7s to receive P&P, perhaps even the very first, and has spent months off the road having returned from St Helens.

There is a difference in paint colour internally, too. The front area upstairs which houses the LED equipment is painted a darker shade of blue than the rest. It was sparkling inside though following another high standard refurbishment.

It was one of the first to get P+Pd and after all the problems its had over the past 6 to 7 months of being off road its still had some problems this week firstly the brakes went and and then followed by a brakedown this week but apart from that its been fine this week and i still need to get it so il be finding it this week.

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Speke - M113 YKC - 31/05/2012, 21:22
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Ultralow - 17/01/2013 22:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)