Current time: 02/05/2024, 10:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Speke Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
The Marshall bodied Dart SLF's were certainly a budget buy by MTL, and a possible two years remaining in service as established could justify the remedial work currently being carried out on various examples. When the time does come for 7612 its the earlier sisters, the Dart SLF fleet will still be in abundance and therefore could see the continuation of the trend in stripping of withdrawn Dart's for various parts, namely the engine and gearbox to keep the others serviceable. In reference to the B10BLE's lasting two decades, I'm sure there are many a driver and enthusiast perhaps who would contest that statement! I'm a fan personally from the few rides I have had on Green Lanes examples.

Decrepit or not though, if that was the case 7615 and 7622 would have left the fleet or perhaps laid up until their residual book value depreciated to scrap value. As the fleet in MTL days, however, were bought in an agreement at a lower cost this could have an impact in book vale depreciating to scrap value somewhat prematurely as you say MX59, though I'd refer back to the two quoted vehicles earlier again to contradict this.

2273 may not be for the chop, its MOT was due to expire and withdrawn in a similar fashion to that of 2110 at Southport. The case with 2273, and perhaps its direct sister in 2274 from comments on the forum, they were continuously breaking down proving somewhat unreliable in comparison to elder fleet members such as 2101, 2298 and the remainder of the R-ABA's. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2273 arrive at another depot, as has been quoted this evening with Green Lane.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Speke - M113 YKC - 31/05/2012, 21:22
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - K101HUM - 05/08/2012 22:10

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)