Current time: 16/04/2024, 09:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

American Airlines
American Airlines
American Airlines has cancelled 94 flights as it works to fix passenger seats that could come loose.

The move comes after a flight from Boston to Miami had to make an emergency landing last weekend after a block of three seats disconnected from the floor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: American Airlines
I was in texas this week and this story is getting a lot of coverage on US networks. There are now 3 flights where seats have come loose, all 757s. US media is hinting at sabotage by flight crews who are in dispute with management - that would be madness - but this is now beyond coincidence.
If that happens to be true , the flight crews could be charged with attempted manslaughter or whatever they call it in the United States.

Dont forget that American Airlines is still in Bankruptcy Protection.
American Airlines and USAirways are planning to Merge .

The Airline will still be called American Airlines but the New CEO will be US Airways current boss Doug Parker.
Am I right in thinking then that the US will be down to just 3 major carriers: American, Delta and United, compared to six just a few years back.
http://youtu.be/68xF-j9h6us

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
(14/02/2013 19:05)SNL 824 Wrote:  Am I right in thinking then that the US will be down to just 3 major carriers: American, Delta and United, compared to six just a few years back.

The American market has needed a bit of consolidation , those that are left are now in better shape .
Yes but customer choice is down the pan. I used to regularly travel on Delta and Continental and occassionally on US Air, but experience taught me not to bother with United, American and North West. I guess that leaves me Delta, but try getting to Houston or Dallas now on an internal flight without using American or United.
The American Airline industry seems to have different hub and spoke networks depending on operator .

The cost savings of doing business through just one or two hub airports is tremendous , but it can add lots more time to an itineary though.
(14/02/2013 12:46)wirralbus Wrote:  American Airlines and USAirways are planning to Merge .

The Airline will still be called American Airlines but the New CEO will be US Airways current boss Doug Parker.

The US justice department has filed an anti-trust case to block the merger of American Airlines and US Airways.

The $11bn (£7bn) deal, which would form the world's largest airline, was backed by a federal judge in March and has been approved by the European Union.

The complaint says customers would see a price rise as the merger would "substantially lessen competition" in the domestic market.

US Airways boss Doug Parker said the company would fight the injunction.

"We are extremely disappointed in this action and believe the DOJ [Department of Justice] is wrong in its assessment," Mr Parker said in a letter to employees.

The District of Columbia and six US states and have joined the legal action: Texas, where American Airlines is headquartered, Arizona, where US Airways is based, Florida, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia.

Information :BBC News Online .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)