Current time: 25/04/2024, 14:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
(09/09/2022 16:43)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Looking like the new 61 timetable is not working most are running around 30min late with one running over 50 minutes just now toward Runcorn
Talking to a driver this morning he said it is now a joint Merseytravel/Halton Council tendered service and they have set the running time's
Thankfully, someone has seen sense and the 61 journey time is being increased from the 9th Sept to the longest that it has ever been. 2 hours, 20 minutes. A 16 minute journey time increase since Feb 2020 when Arriva took over the full route. https://merseytravel.adidocdn.dev/timeta...9Oct22.pdf

I do have to ask though what is the point in paying people to build a timetable if they are too lazy to do it properly. They haven't compared journey times for comparable trips as somehow the 61 takes 6 minutes longer between Widnes and Halton Hosp versus the 79C which goes the exact same way.
You also now have the 05:31 now off Prescot to Runcorn seems to run fine now (though some minor adjustments look to be needed to some intermediate points, the end to end time is ok), so they have thrown another 20 minutes onto it needlessly. Similarly, the 19:11 currently seems to run to time (any delays seem to be delays from earlier trips so if earlier trips get solved, the bus will start ontime and be ok), this trip now gets the luxury of an additional 25 minutes running time. For a trip which has kept running on time! There will be more trips but these are the 2 easy examples to prove my point. Needlessly throwing loads of extra time onto the route. Wasting fuel and resources. At a time of driver shortage, adding 20 minutes extra time onto trips which don't need it, is not a wise idea.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
3032 is here out on 110 today.
Does anybody know how Runcorn's services will be affected by the upcoming closure of the Bridge over the M56 this week/weekend especially what diversion/s X30 will be taking? Nothing has been mentioned yet on Arriva website.
Does anyone have an update on whether 2698 is back in service. Bustimes.org says 2698 still hasn’t been out since 2nd July but I’m not willing to trust bustimes on its own.
(26/10/2022 18:12)RyanL385 Wrote:  Does anyone have an update on whether 2698 is back in service. Bustimes.org says 2698 still hasn’t been out since 2nd July but I’m not willing to trust bustimes on its own.

Nope, still at Jackson Street with front end rta damage
(26/10/2022 18:51)chris-s Wrote:  Nope, still at Jackson Street with front end rta damage

Had a walk round Jacko this morning, it's had a brand new front end fitted, currently still in body shops needing more work and a re-paint
No news about double-deckers for Runcorn. These had been due in April, then September. I doubt any will come until displaced by new hydrogen buses on route 10a.
(30/10/2022 17:44)Metroline1511 Wrote:  No news about double-deckers for Runcorn. These had been due in April, then September. I doubt any will come until displaced by new hydrogen buses on route 10a.

I personally dont think it will ever happen unless the bridges are raised on the busway

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(30/10/2022 17:48)Y458 KNF Wrote:  I personally dont think it will ever happen unless the bridges are raised on the busway
Which ones are the low ones as I thought the one at Halton Lodge was ok for deckers so the 79C could run to Halton Hospital and terminate?

In fairness, some of the bridges aren't needed, just put crossings on the road. In most cases, there are already crossings on the busway at the bus stops so I don't see why so many bridges are needed. Take them down between Murdishaw and Parkside then you've got the core of the busway without low bridges.
The thing is though, I doubt the council will spend a lot of time and money removing bridges and installing crossings just so that Arriva can use double deckers, so maybe this will just happen over time when bridges need replacing or serious maintenance they might just be removed at that point, which could take quite a while.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)