Current time: 16/04/2024, 13:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
(29/06/2021 11:31)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I don't know about the 07 plates but the 58 plate onwards generations of Pulsars can be upgraded to Euro6 but the Commanders Cadets etc cannot. There was talk of some more getting done with the grants avaialble etc.

07 plate Pulsars will get done as it’s the same 6.7 Cummins and Euro 6 conversions are available for those, vehicles with the 3.9/5.9 blocks won’t be converted since Euro 6 conversions aren’t available for those,I’m guessing the B7TLs will probably get replaced with London cast offs in time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/06/2021 10:35)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Agreed, lots of older buses floating around now with arriva nw, cadets, commanders, centros / pulsars all 04-07 plates. B7'S 55/06 so lots to replace I do think buses will be held longer though, especially if they can be adapted to meet emissions.

I wouldn't be surprised if the solution is another influx of buses from London adapted to meet Euro VI specification

If Runcorn do receive deckers from Speke (the timeframe given suggests they will) then I hope Speke are suitably compensated. The strategy of moving newer stock to Runcorn in exchange for older and lower quality stock really needs to stop in my opinion. I can't think of a single reason why Arriva couldn't have invested in some new full-size single deckers for Runcorn so everyone could have kept their Commanders/Pulsars and the oldest and/or worst Cadets could have been retired

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(29/06/2021 12:17)SK15 GZG Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if the solution is another influx of buses from London adapted to meet Euro VI specification

If Runcorn do receive deckers from Speke (the timeframe given suggests they will) then I hope Speke are suitably compensated. The strategy of moving newer stock to Runcorn in exchange for older and lower quality stock really needs to stop in my opinion. I can't think of a single reason why Arriva couldn't have invested in some new full-size single deckers for Runcorn so everyone could have kept their Commanders/Pulsars and the oldest and/or worst Cadets could have been retired

Agreed, but then in current times business was/is uncertain. I think we may see some ex London vehicles, we have seen an Enviro400 and a Gemini appear recently haven't we. Not sure what happened with the Gemini though, wasn't it in Chester at some stage. Buy maybe those turning up are a pointer.
(29/06/2021 12:26)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Agreed, but then in current times business was/is uncertain. I think we may see some ex London vehicles, we have seen an Enviro400 and a Gemini appear recently haven't we. Not sure what happened with the Gemini though, wasn't it in Chester at some stage. Buy maybe those turning up are a pointer.

The Gemini was just being repaired after a refurb elsewhere, I believe it’s gone back to London now
(29/06/2021 15:12)W176 XMA Wrote:  The Gemini was just being repaired after a refurb elsewhere, I believe it’s gone back to London now

Thanks, I had seen something about that, but then it was parked in Wythenshawe then strangely was reported at Chester after.
Deckers at Runcorn? Blimey but much needed for the 79C without Halton competition. Should have happened when it moved back from Speke in fairness, aalthoughII guess Covid restrictions have reduced the number of customers significantly.
Does anyone know when we are getting secondhand double deckers?

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Believe its in September

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
674 - CX58 EUB (Optare Solo) at Runcorn Depot?

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
(02/09/2021 12:45)Busway_Bob Wrote:  674 - CX58 EUB (Optare Solo) at Runcorn Depot?

Got picked up from Rhyl around midday ish

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)