Current time: 26/04/2024, 19:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
3136 has lost its X1 branding.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Pulsars from Southport are due to start arriving within the next week. 2616/17 will transfer to Bootle. More arrivals due ready for the PVR increase at the end of the month, not confirmed what these will be. However I'd guess it may be any remaining Commanders at Speke once the 79C returns to Runcorn operation within the next few weeks.
(04/08/2020 15:29)LT10 Wrote:  Pulsars from Southport are due to start arriving within the next week. 2616/17 will transfer to Bootle. More arrivals due ready for the PVR increase at the end of the month, not confirmed what these will be. However I'd guess it may be any remaining Commanders at Speke once the 79C returns to Runcorn operation within the next few weeks.

Have Runcorn decided on what’s happening with the 14C & 62s I would have guessed on these being withdrawn eventually.
(04/08/2020 15:29)LT10 Wrote:  Pulsars from Southport are due to start arriving within the next week. 2616/17 will transfer to Bootle. More arrivals due ready for the PVR increase at the end of the month, not confirmed what these will be. However I'd guess it may be any remaining Commanders at Speke once the 79C returns to Runcorn operation within the next few weeks.
Interesting.

Why is the 79C going back to Runcorn Depot? Is is being extended through to Runcorn again? If not, I though the whole point of it going to Speke was so deckers could be used to make the most of the capacity.

What are the other PVR increases? Just increasing to pre Covid times or the 79C (as above) or is there something else going on?
(05/08/2020 09:36)iMarkeh Wrote:  If not, I though the whole point of it going to Green Lane was so deckers could be used to make the most of the capacity.

The 79C went to Speke - not Green Lane

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(05/08/2020 09:36)iMarkeh Wrote:  Interesting.

Why is the 79C going back to Runcorn Depot? Is is being extended through to Runcorn again? If not, I though the whole point of it going to Green Lane was so deckers could be used to make the most of the capacity.

What are the other PVR increases? Just increasing to pre Covid times or the 79C (as above) or is there something else going on?

Green Lane aren't operating it, Speke are.
Sorry, I thought it was Green Lane. Either way, point remains haha. Post has been edited.
(05/08/2020 15:26)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Routes - the 79C and 82A are coming back to Runcorn and the 500 is going back to Speke as an Airport Express.
The 82A will follow the existing 500 route as it is but will omit South Parkway and go back through Garston and it will service Park Road and go down Duke street to L1.
The 79C will replace the 14A plus the 110 covers the same route as far as 14A to Widnes Green Oaks also all buses have to revert to the Silver Jubilee when it reopens so the 14A would be the only service on the Gateway and have to pay the toll, same with the 61 you might see this missing out Halton Road in Runcorn
the 79C will be routed to Clifton road along with the X1 and 61!
Some minor timetable adjustments to 61 and 110 will also take place
The 62 will turn at Halton Lodge as per the current 500 to help frequency of the 82A and will omit the section of Grangeway by Handforth Lane. The 62 will still turn into Festival Way and continue along its normal route thereafter.
Oh wow, great summary. thank you for that.
Can I ask will the Runcorn to Widnes shorts continue on the 82A?
If so, I think it would make sense to extend the Widnes Shorts to Halebank and then you can do away with the 62 on that section (to help provide a more standard service to the area) and I think I would extend the 17 then down to Runcorn along the 62 route from Widnes to Halton Lea. This should be relatively PVR neutral but would facilitate longer distance Runcorn to St Helens links which I think do have some potential and it saves having the 62 and 82A running the same route (except a small section between Halton Grange and the Old Town).
Perhaps a crazy suggestion but I think it would look better and push people onto the core routes rather than so much duplication.

When the Silver Jubilee bridge reopens, it might be an idea to reroute the 61 so it runs Widnes - Old Town - Halton Road - Halton Brook Road - Halton Lea as I don't think Clifton Road is busy enough to sustain 7 buses per hour and it would keep Halton Road served (as well as providing the links from Halton Brook Road to Widnes)
Ugh, single decker hell for the 79c again. What a load of rubbish. Will be even worse than it used to be without the competition from Halton too. Well I suppose its one way to encourage people not to use buses.
Because the 82A will be going via Park Road, will the 500 continue to serve all stops along Jericho Lane or is something else being arranged?

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)