Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(23/09/2023 18:42)RyanL385 Wrote:  ADL Enviro400s 4575 - 77 are going to be leaving Southport for St Helens imminently with Pulsars 2990 - 92 going the other way. This is apparently due to St Helens being desperate for deckers to deal with 352s school runs.

Makes sense St Helens do appear to be short of vehicles by the looks of it.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
St Helens do need 'deckers, but surely the best solution is to move 4591-4 back instead?
(23/09/2023 20:01)CUL 73V Wrote:  St Helens do need 'deckers, but surely the best solution is to move 4590-4 back instead?

Surprised they moved in the first place

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(23/09/2023 20:01)CUL 73V Wrote:  St Helens do need 'deckers, but surely the best solution is to move 4590-4 back instead?

Why? 4590-4594 are in Bootle, Southport had 3 too many deckers and St Helens were 3 short so the best solution is to move 3 from Southport to St Helens
(23/09/2023 21:08)ST284.4 Wrote:  Why? 4590-4594 are in Bootle, Southport had 3 too many deckers and St Helens were 3 short so the best solution is to move 3 from Southport to St Helens

I know 4591-4 are at Bootle. My point is St Helens has been short of 'deckers since the transfer took place, so the best solution would have been to not transfer them in the first place. I'm aware Bootle needed Centro replacements at the time, but I think Pulsars would have been far more suitable in that case. Alas, we are where we are.
(24/09/2023 00:21)CUL 73V Wrote:  I know 4591-4 are at Bootle. My point is St Helens has been short of 'deckers since the transfer took place, so the best solution would have been to not transfer them in the first place. I'm aware Bootle needed Centro replacements at the time, but I think Pulsars would have been far more suitable in that case. Alas, we are where we are.

Unfortunately it's the powers that be who decide what moves where, St Helens were not short on deckers its only the past couple of weeks they have had increased numbers on the 352 so the 3 deckers are moving for that reason. 4590-94 moved because Bootle required more deckers at the time and St Helens had a PVR reduction.
3168 transferred here yesterday.
It is to replace the last indigenous Southport Pulsar, 3090 which is due to move to Wythenshawe imminently as a replacement for accident damaged sister 3096.

All Pulsars at Southport are now transfers as the ones new here, 3033 to 3046 and 3079 to 3090 are spread far and wide between Blyth in the North East to Stevenage in the south.l
2978 has returned to Canning Road

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)