Current time: 22/05/2024, 16:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North East
RE: Arriva North East
Are none of those ex ANW B6's in use up there as if they are not all of the batch are not being used including the two that reside at St Helens doing nothing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/07/2012 19:51)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Are none of those ex ANW B6's in use up there as if they are not all of the batch are not being used including the two that reside at St Helens doing nothing.

Nope never seen any of them dunno if it's refurb they were doing, but the guy who seen them
Said they would be in the fleet
They are all on the reserve fleet for Northumbria on the allocation card but as of yet none of them have actually been used.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
To be fair those B6's are horrible things but they are wasted just sitting there.
They were actually the Olympic Reserve fleet, however given it seems none of the North East fleet has gone to London it seems we may have to wait and see what actually happens with them. The likelihood is that they'll be used to replace some of the Prestiges and MPDs that are coming off now.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Yes, I have a feeling they will be favoured in most depots, doing a similar job to the current Pointers which are being displaced. Have all of them entered service now, if so perhaps a Cadet could see service at Darlington/Durham for example?

(16/07/2012 20:34)NK07 FZG Wrote:  Yes, I have a feeling they will be favoured in most depots, doing a similar job to the current Pointers which are being displaced. Have all of them entered service now, if so perhaps a Cadet could see service at Darlington/Durham for example?

Not all the Pointers are in service I think. Also, these are Crusaders (Cadet is the name for the body on the SB120, Crusader on the B6BLE and Darts). I can see them more joining the Stockton and Redcar fleet as Prestige replacements.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
It seems everywhere has ageing darts at the moment, the B6's could have been back to merseyside to replace some of ours, just wonder if our 2814 & 2816 will join the rest of them in the North East at some stage.
Ahh ok, I didn't realise they were Volvo's. Possibly so but they are bit small for replacing Prestiges, however of course that depends whether the services actually require a Prestige!

(16/07/2012 20:52)NK07 FZG Wrote:  Ahh ok, I didn't realise they were Volvo's. Possibly so but they are bit small for replacing Prestiges, however of course that depends whether the services actually require a Prestige!

Well, what else can replace Prestiges? Darlington have replaced most of theirs with the Dart SLFs. So surely, if that's the case, the Crusaders will do fine for now until it's their turn for replacement.

My Flickr
Updated regularly

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)