Current time: 23/04/2024, 11:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North East
RE: Arriva North East
(10/06/2012 20:28)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(10/06/2012 17:09)kuyoyo Wrote:  Arriva have begun displaying information regarding the closure of Middlesbrough Bus Station during the summer:

*Services 21a, X1, X6 and X93 will use the temporary Bus Station in Denmark Street Car Park (opposite the Bus Station, behind Sainsbury's) at all time
*Most Services will use their normal Town Centre stops on Albert Road and Grange Road though some services will be using Corporation Road
*Services 5b, 17c, 22a, 64b, 627 and 631/632 as well as evening and Sunday services will use both Denmark Street Bus Station and the Town Centre
*No details have been included regarding the X3/X4 and 64/a

The Teesside Service changes take place the week before the closure, fun all around effectively.

Will most buses now be using Denmark Street bus station? If so, I might go to Middlesbrough this year after all!

I looked at your Flickr photo above, and came across a picture of a Dart on route X5 as highlighted below. I am shocked if these regularly work route X5, as this may make it harder to ride a leather-seated OmniCity on that route.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60502549@N0...otostream/

Nope, just the 21a, X1, X6 and X93 from Arriva (presumably the X66 as well, no mention of that yet) and presumably the X9/X10 for Go North East, 95 for Tees Valley Coach Travel and 34 for Stagecoach. And all evening and Sunday services, and the Coach Work. All other routes will only run to the bus station to change drivers (or for layovers, not entirely sure what is happening).

And yes, that does happen regularly on the X5 but only on Whitby runs. By then anyway, the X5 will have been replaced by the 5 which will be PVR 4 from each depot. Stockton should be using the leather-seated OmniCitys and probably one of the Pulsars.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks Koyoyo. Now I know to keep to plan B, which is to postpone Middlesbrough til next year. (Plan A was to go this year from my B&B in Gateshead). Also, this suggests that around half the 5s will be leather-seated OmniCities, making them reasonably easy to locate.
Find all posts by this user
(10/06/2012 21:06)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Thanks Koyoyo. Now I know to keep to plan B, which is to postpone Middlesbrough til next year. (Plan A was to go this year from my B&B in Gateshead). Also, this suggests that around half the 5s will be leather-seated OmniCities, making them reasonably easy to locate.

They'll make up at least 3/8 of the 5 allocation, Stockton will have 4 5 working but only 3 OmniCitys.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Belmont-based Solo 2815 (YK08 ETL) has transferred to Jesmond depot
Photo @ Steven Hogdson

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(12/06/2012 17:22)kuyoyo Wrote:  Belmont-based Solo 2815 (YK08 ETL) has transferred to Jesmond depot
Photo @ Steven Hogdson

It and another Belmont Solo has been at Jesmond for a week or so now.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(12/06/2012 17:26)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 17:22)kuyoyo Wrote:  Belmont-based Solo 2815 (YK08 ETL) has transferred to Jesmond depot
Photo @ Steven Hogdson

It and another Belmont Solo has been at Jesmond for a week or so now.

Yes, I can't remember which of the other Solos has moved.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Should be 2806
The latest ex-Scotland West Dart SLF/Plaxton Pointer 2 to enter service is 1304 (X485 GGO) at Darlington.

Information from John Robinson on the arrivane Yahoo Group.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Prestige 4066 (S708 KFT) transferred from Jesmond depot to Redcar depot last Sunday. However it appeared to have not yet entered service.

Withdrawn Darts 1628/60/97 left Redcar for scrap on Thursday, Wednesday and yesterday respectively.

Information from the arrivane Yahoo Group

My Flickr
Updated regularly
The next ex-Scotland West Dart SLF being prepared for service is 44012 (X534 GGO) soon to be 1312
Photo @ Steven Hodgson

My Flickr
Updated regularly

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)