Current time: 10/05/2024, 03:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North East
RE: Arriva North East
We've got 'Sapphire' for the high-quality routes and 'MAX' for the express services. Now, the North East are adding a third brand to the bow - this one for high frequency routes.

Introducing 'Frequenta' - apart from WiFi on certain routes, it has no frills or extras. It's just for services with a turn-up-and-go service of 10 minutes or better. The brand is being rolled out at Darlington depot at present on town services as followed:
Service 2 (Red Hall - Branksome) - Red
Service 3/3a/3B (Skerne Park - Mowden/Harrowgate Hill/Fitzwilliam Drive) - Light Blue
Service 4 (Town Centre - Minors Crescent) - Pink
Service 9 (Town Centre - Springfield) - Light Green
Service 10 (Town Centre - Whinfield) - Dark Green
Service 13a/b (Town Centre - Firth Moor) - Orange

With the exception of the northern section of the 3 group of service, each runs at least every 10 minutes on the core section during the main daytime (the 9/10 and 13a/b both offer a combined 5 minutes service on their corridors).

As part of the branding, the traditional cream 'cow horn' is absent, instead it is replaced by a cream swoop in the style used by the MAX and Sapphire brands.

So far branded are:
2: EcoCity 4801-8
3/3a/3b: 2830/2/3/5/6/41
4: None
9/10: 2864
13a/b: 2854
Generic: 2843/9

Note: The EcoCitys retain their hybrid livery but without any of the previous lettering.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Solo posted here in a new livery may be intended for Frequenta branding. I wonder whether these buses will be refurbished or just repainted? Frequenta could then spread to other urban routes across the country, such as in Liverpool.

Just a thought. Stagecoach in Hull have routes trading as Frequento. So, had Stagecoach not divested Darlington to Arriva in 2007, we might have had Frequento instead of Frequenta branding!
Find all posts by this user
(12/07/2015 20:21)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The Solo posted here in a new livery may be intended for Frequenta branding. I wonder whether these buses will be refurbished or just repainted? Frequenta could then spread to other urban routes across the country, such as in Liverpool.

That is certainly what that Solo is for - however that one hasn't yet been branded (likely I assume, to be for the 4). The one about is 2833 - one of the 6 branded for the 3/3a/3b (2830/2/5/6/41 the other 5). So far, only the Solos have been repainted - the 8 EcoCitys branded for the 2 haven't been painted. And no, the Solos haven't been refurbished - however we believe the Stockton examples will be treated to a refurbishment as likely will be the Pulsars for the 15 (1457-60/84-92/4) which have also been fitted with WiFi meaning it will be, at it stands, the only Frequenta service with WiFi (until/if Durham's 64 joins the brand - those Enviro200s have WiFi and Plug Sockets).

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
'Frequenta' formally launched earlier today, using 'Generic' 2850 (YJ58 CBU) and '9/10' branded 2868. Most of the Solos are now branded, as followed (including what they should be branded):

3/3a/3b (Light Blue): 2830/2/3/5/6/41
4 (Purple): 2859-61, 2862
9 (Light Green)/10 (Dark Green): 2863-9
13a/b (Orange): 2852-8
2 (red): 4801-8
Generic: 2843/9/50
Unconfirmed: 2851 (reckon it will be generic)

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Have all ten ex-Arriva North West Pulsars arrived and in service yet?
(22/07/2015 12:32)507022 Wrote:  Have all ten ex-Arriva North West Pulsars arrived and in service yet?

All 10 have been refurbished by Thorntons of North Seaton (Ashington) to Sapphire standard. At present, only 4 are in service - Blyth are using 1524/5 (3113/4) to cover for 2 of the Geminis being off for engine work while 1532/3 (3121/2) have entered service at their intended home of Durham depot as additional vehicles to cover while work on Milburngate Bridge is undertaken which means increased PVR on services in the city (56/57 increased by one and running stand alone, 64 also gaining an extra vehicle as have 22/24 which are interworking for the 7 weeks of the work, the X12 also has an extra vehicle but this and one of Durham's normal boards are being worked from Stockton depot).

My Flickr
Updated regularly
And now 1528 has entered service at Durham today, on intended service 6.

Photo @ Sean Blair

My Flickr
Updated regularly
An Arriva Scania Omnicity caught fire today at Corbridge bridge - one Jesmonds 05 reg (cream front) that usually operate the 685?

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update...ge-bridge/ - includes a picture

"Northumbria Police say emergency services have responded to a bus fire on Corbridge bridge in Northumberland.

Police say no one has been injured. The bridge remains closed in both directions while emergency services deal with the incident.
"

And also at http://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/Bus...56cada5-ds with another picture

"The blaze is thought to have started in a rear wheel arch of the Arriva service as it approached the roundabout on the south side of Corbridge bridge.

A spokesman for Northumberland fire and rescue service said the driver raised the alarm at 12.40pm and any passengers were off the vehicle when fire crews from Hexham and Tyne and Wear arrived at the scene.

Passersby reported hearing a loud bang as the heat caused one of the rear tyres to explode.

More details as we get them.
"

Rear offside wheel. Lot of fire damage along the offside from the rear corner to the front wheel. End of the road for it?
Scania CN94UB/Scania OmniCity 4663 (NK07 FZF) was the vehicle involved in the incident at Corbridge yesterday. It's unknown how extensive the damage is but it appears to be focused around the rear wheel arch, after a tyre burst.

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).
I think 4663 might be a write-off. At 8/9 years of age, and the damage it sustained, I can't imagine Arriva are going to repair it. I believe a VDL Pulsar 2 is covering for it on the 685 (Newcastle-Carlisle).

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)