Current time: 01/05/2024, 14:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseypride
RE: Merseypride
First of all, what a terrible incident. My thoughts to all involved.

Next - what the witness has said about it being driven carefully does not in any way confirm the poor driver had a heart attack. He could have had a micro-sleep at the wrong second (yes that does happen to fit, well rested people), or just not seen the bend - that section is the first until bend after a long, lit section.

Although I've no doubt the coach wasn't overloaded in the sense that everyone had a seat, I'm still not sure of the legal/insurance position of ordinary passengers using the crew jump seat.

If its the EOS pictured on the Merseypride website, its just over 17 years old (M625RCP, new 3/95). I can understand people saying that a newer vehicle would have done better, but in all honesty the outcome would probably have been worse.
Back then most chassis were built from steel with ridiculous margins of safety and strength. Nowadays we have the "lighter is better" school of thought, which means those safety margins are much smaller. Add that to the fact that new coaches have more glass round the front, and you see where I'm coming from.

I'm sure we all know just how good the B10M chassis is for coaches, and many are around a similar age. They're perfectly roadworthy and suitable for what they do, so why replace them unnecessarily? Would I have sent a 17 year old coach on such a long trip? Hard to say without knowing its mechanical state and history, but probably. At least you know if it fails its probably a major mechanical failure, which is easy to diagnose, than a pathetic ECU/electrical problem which are a pain in the ****.

There's no question the coach will be a write off - you can see from just looking at it that the front is gone, the rest of the chassis is bent and cracked, as is the rear axle.

Once again a horrible incident and my thoughts to all those involved. I'm shocked anyone can ask about the coach first in instances like this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Until we know some more official information about this awful tragedy i think the subject is best left alone .

Dont forget it is a very harrowing time for the 3 peoples families who have unfortunately died in this tragedy on the A3.

Let them RIP .
Absolutely wirralbus.

I was just trying to rebut some of the more outlandish claims/statements made by other members....
(12/09/2012 12:40)mbonwick Wrote:  Absolutely wirralbus.

I was just trying to rebut some of the more outlandish claims/statements made by other members....

What does make this even more harrowing is it was a local coach company , who probably were carrying passengers who live locally to us all.
is it rainford they are based in?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Registered details on VOSA are;
UNIT 26,
SKYPARK IND ESTATE,
SPEKE HALL AVENUE,
LIVERPOOL,
L24 1YH,

Authorised for 8 vehicles.

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_anonymo...tId=167474
oh right thanks for that

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I echo previous words, terrible accident and thoughts go out to friends and family of all involved.
mbonwick and wirralbus have hit the nail on the head, not good to speculate over an accident as bad as this. As previously stated by somone before, yes this may be a bus forum, but we are all human, it is a terrible tragedy that could affect anyone at any given moment, there is just sometimes when our hobby has to be put to one side in order to pay respect to all involved.

RIP 96 - YNWA
I am reminded by my wife's reply to my mentioning a couple of times to her about me trying to get across the busy Station Rd in Cheadle Hulme to catch a bus that I've seen heading for the bus stop I use and almost being mown down by the traffic .She just simply said,''there's always another bus.'' For once she is quite right.
I think at the end of all this, we really do need to think of the human element, even if this is a bus forum lives were lost which can never be replaced, coaches can.

I have used Merseypride a lot over the past few years and I can't say anything but good for the service they provided, even if at time the 82B was temperamental if it will turned up. Their staff were genuinely good and usually had a good rapport with the regulars who used the service in my time using it. Such a shame this has happened and I really feel for all those involved.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)