Current time: 08/05/2024, 15:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(14/11/2016 17:14)Dentonian Wrote:  Are you sure? 62183 was X684 ADK which although started life with First Manchester, was sent to Aberdeen when relatively new, and was supposedly disposed of (for scrap, presumably) from there a couple of years ago.

Confirmed at Bolton depot, Photos on flickr from Buses2012
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Would be nice to see this in Service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/11/2016 13:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  Would be nice to see this in Service

I agree, Lets hope its on my routes :-)
I believe some W reg Citaros are making a comeback so it would not surprise me if this did get out

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(15/11/2016 19:20)Dentonian Wrote:  That would smack of desperation, given that its only got 6 weeks to go before DDA makes it redundant, and of course, it would be yet another First bus that can't be used on TFGM tenders.

As far as i am aware, it is DDA compliment. And First Bolton's B10BLEs go on tendered routes like the 501 a lot of the time....
The 501 is commercial hence it being a 10 min frequency

(16/11/2016 00:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  The 501 is commercial hence it being a 10 min frequency

U sure, It says it gets 'provided with the financial support of Transport for Greater Manchester' which i thought it was tendered
Some Evening trips are tendered

501s are indeed commercial and some interwork with 68 Farnworth-Trafford Centre service during the day hence why depending on traffic round Trafford Centre some 68s or even 501s dont run.
This is by no means an attack on Phil or TfGM, but it's nice to see First doing something that most other First OpCo's do, and these maps should be available on buses. Simple and colourful in contrast to the black and white dullness of TfGM!

My personal viewpoint on publicity is that it is too old fashioned now in Greater Manchester, the bus times displayed on Wilmslow Road for example is just over complicated when all it needs is simple spider maps that's show where buses go and frequencies for routes like 42/142. Of course no mention is made of who runs what adding to the confusion. EG buses to Withington 41, 42, 43, 141, 142, 143, X57 operated by First and Stagecoach - something along those lines.

It all needs a comprehensive makeover and made more modern.

Another example, split stops at the University towards City - a good idea. What does the bus stop flag say? Towards City Centre on both! So the stop for the 53/141/147 becomes confusing.

Just my personal viewpoint.

User(s) browsing this thread: 52 Guest(s)