Current time: 08/05/2024, 18:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(21/05/2016 16:16)33109 Wrote:  Sounds like a fun day! But at least some services will run so not a total disaster.

On a slightly more positive note I've noticed quite a few of the drivers are slowly getting friendlier towards passengers, whereas before there were some really miserable grouchy & quite tetchy drivers about.

Hats off to em though I say especially any that have to work into or out of manchester city centre atm with the chaos of the traffic.

Reckon the management will be out driving buses?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
TfGM have tweeted that weekly and season tickets from First Manchester and System One can be used on trams on the Eccles and Rochdale lines and on trains between Eccles and Manchester tomorrow (24 May) to help passengers affected by First Manchester's strike.

Quote:@FirstManchester &@SystemOneTravel weekly & season tickets accepted on @MCRMetrolink’s Rochdale & Eccles lines TOMORROW during bus strike.

Quote:@FirstManchester&@SystemOneTravel weekly & season tickets accepted on @northernassist Eccles line trains TOMORROW only during bus strike

https://twitter.com/OfficialTfGM/status/...6965735424
https://twitter.com/OfficialTfGM/status/...2532149252
(23/05/2016 16:31)acocker96 Wrote:  Reckon the management will be out driving buses?

There was route training in a tfgm Optare Versa along the Metroshuttle routes today...
I understand First has asked TfGM for some last-minute help with getting drivers to cover the school bus services tomorrow (for use at Queens Road, I would assume). Indeed, I received a phone call asking if "we" could spare a few drivers to "help out". The TfGM person I spoke to had a few more calls to make to other operators after he'd spoken to me. Needless to say, I don't think he would have had much luck, particularly with less than 24 hours' notice.
Now that things have settled down these are the only Citaros left in Service:

Bury: 60233, 60238, 60242, 60249, 60253, 60258, 60262, 60268, 60269, 60271, 60274
Oldham: 60237, 60239, 60247, 60273, 60277, 60283

I wonder how long these ones have left..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Terence looking at your list of Citaroes left in service at Bury Depot, you seemed to have missed 64029 off your list, its certainly still in service as I only saw it myself last week
Ahh yes i did miss the 02 Reg off the list

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Heritage liveried 37451 is on loan to Pioneer today and is on Ashton locals today
Thank christ their finally starting to slowly withdraw the citaros, can't personally say meself that they'll be missed by anyone particularly drivers. Chatted with a few first drivers who've said they've had multiple issues with the citaros including breakdowns due to engine issues, or brakes sticking on or electrical faults etc.

Personally though for me it'll be a sad day when the last darts & marshall capitals bow out, think they've last really well for their age.
Took a trip yesterday on the Leigh Guided Busway. It is very impressive but must hav cost a fortune. My main interest is that it uses approximately 7km of the old trackbed of the Liverpool to Manchester via Tyldesley railway.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)