Current time: 08/05/2024, 08:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(25/12/2014 09:42)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm a bit confused. Apart from the odd peak hour interworking to save on PVR, I thought most services were worked by the same buses all day. Also, the 163 & 471 are 'decker routes (plus the odd bendi on the latter), whilst 468 & 472/4 are normally single-deckers.

As regards the Tridents, presumably they are on loan during the school hols, whilst surplus to requirements at Rusholme.

Sorry, I meant the drivers that change over.

I did see it on 524, unfortunately I couldn't find my camera at the time. I have sent a message over Twitter to First asking about it. My only guess that it was taken off the 471 due to there being no other vehicles to cover it, but then can B9TL's run on the 524?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/12/2014 11:02)Dentonian Wrote:  Surely, with the possible exception of new recruits, all Bury drivers will have been trained on bendis. Even if there are "dedicated" rosters for 135 & 471, there would always be cases where other drivers would cover duties on either of these routes, and in the case of the 135 especially, would need to drive a bendi without notice.

I do totally agree with your point, in every way, my post was based totally on what a Bury driver who i know told me......
Oldham depot swapping vehicles around today on a couple of routes with an Enviro300 on the 184 and an Enviro400 on the 425. Second time in three days there's been a single decker on the 184 route, as a B7RLE was operating on the route on Saturday.
Don't forget SF07 that Oldham and the rest of First Manchester unlike Stagecoach are operating a full Saturday service over Christmas/New Year period so this might be the reason and also the full compliment of Engineering Staff might not be in until next week so if a bus breaks down and its a serious fault with it, it might not get fixed until New Year now
Really? I thought Stagecoach buses stopped running at 6PM on Christmas Eve?
Some of the Forthcoming Timetables for the end of January are now on the First website, which gives some details to changes to routes and times to services in the Oldham area.

*58/59 - 58 reduced to 30 mins, 59 to run every 15 mins between Manchester and Middleton and 4 per hour between Middleton and Rushcroft. Combined 10 minute frequency between Middleton and Shaw. 58 to run combined 15 minute frequency between Rochdale and Shaw with service 182.
*81/81A - Oldham-Derker or Holts reduced to every 30 mins with 81A re-routed via Greenacres, replacing service 350. Oldham-Manchester section remains every 10 mins.
*83 - Mon-Sat daytime frequency reduced to every 10 mins.
*184/X80 - 184 to run every 10 mins between Manchester and Oldham with 4 buses per hour continuing to/from Uppermill (increase from 3 per hour). 184/X80 to run combined 10 minute frequency between Oldham and Greenfield train station. Additional X80 journey at 1821 from Manchester.
*83/184 - Combined 5 minute Mon-Sat daytime frequency between Hollinwood and Manchester (reduced from 3-4 mins)
*350 - Re-routed back via Waterhead instead of Greenacres. Most journeys remain at same times.
*415 - Mon-Sat daytime service reduced to 30 mins and extended to Lees via Waterhead.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...coming.php
These changes look destined to save a few buses. I have seen a pic here of 35102, a Volvo B5TL-Gemini destined for First Manchester. Is it a one-off test vehicle or part of a batch on order? http://newdoubledecks.blogspot.co.uk/
(03/01/2015 23:18)Metroline1511 Wrote:  These changes look destined to save a few buses. I have seen a pic here of 35102, a Volvo B5TL-Gemini destined for First Manchester. Is it a one-off test vehicle or part of a batch on order? http://newdoubledecks.blogspot.co.uk/

Its on long term loan for evaluation along with 36300. Presumably these evaluations will decide on future double deck orders for First Manchester.
Got to say from a personal point of view I much prefer the new 64 reg Enviro's creeping in at Sharston to these ugly things, and the Enviro's take a bit of getting used to as well.

Perhaps it's me getting older lol Smile
Just to correct something 35102 is not another B5TL its actually a Wright Integral Streetdeck and its going to be trialed alongside the B5TL currently at Oldham to decide which ones First Manchester will be getting later this year as I was told Oldham are due some newer double decks this year
I'm not sure I like the rear of Gemini 3s or E40D-MMCs to be honest.

I wonder though whether this evaluation of these 2 Wright double-deckers means that First will let local companies choose their preferred type, or whether Manchester may effectively influence First's future double-deck choice? Mind you, with First already cutting back on double-deckers due to having too many ex-London examples around, they could conceivably send all their 2015-16 examples to Manchester, who could then lose Volvo B9TLs or maybe Enviro400s to other regional fleets.

User(s) browsing this thread: 42 Guest(s)