Current time: 08/05/2024, 13:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Forgot to mention that on Tuesday evening one of Burys Streetlites (think they've got 2) was allocated to 18:00 X35 service from Manchester and yes according to a friend of mine from Bury Depot they are on loan due to fleet shortage as they've had a couple of problems with their Citaroes recently due to various breakdowns
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I got 60273 on the 472, which seems strange since I thought they where banned from the 472/4.
Interesting with what's happening with 415 as I remember when it was every 15mins then got dropped to every 20mins and now from next year its going every 30mins, mind you considering the amount of dropped trips on the route due to vehicle unreliability sometimes it might as well be every 30mins, can't see this being popular with passengers that use the route during the day especially at peak times with all the students that use it to and from School and College
Just found the following on VOSA thread:

PC0003680/144 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Salford Shopping Centre and Failsworth Day Drive given service number 52 effective from 08-Dec-2014. To amend Route.

PC0003680/255 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Manchester Shudehill Bus Station and Manchester Trafford Centre given service number 110 effective from 08-Dec-2014. To amend Route.

PC0003680/813 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Manchester, Shudehill Interchange and Swinton, Station Road given service number 27 effective from 08-Dec-2014. To amend Route.

PC0003680/815 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Pendleton Shopping Centre and Whitefield Metrolink given service number 95 effective from 08-Dec-2014. To amend Route.

If the above are to do with the long-term closure of Broughton Road then I'm guessing (could be wrong) that another route revision might have to go in as First Manchester are reporting that the road reopens on 19 December until 5 January so services will be returning to normal routes
(23/11/2014 21:25)Dentonian Wrote:  I think all off-peak (and therefore including Saturday) workings are Queens Road, with Geminis. Beware though, there are major roadworks on the X34 (as well as a number of other services on/near the East Lancs Road), so I would check First's website before travelling.

Thank you for telling me. I had planned to get an 8 to Farnworth, and as this operates from BN I wanted to avoid a similar bus, but thankfully the X34 is from QR. In the event, I conentrated on south Manchester to guarantee riding the Manchester Metrolink extension in 2014, as it had originally been earmarked to open in 2016!

I rode 33837 on route 41 from Eccles to Oxford Road. Although many E40Ds run on route 42, I am pleased that a few do run on route 41 too. I have thus been on a Streetlite on route 42 to NMGH and an E40D on route 41 from Eccles!
First have agreed to continue running the night bus journeys on services 8 and 39 from end of January 2015 on a commercial basis, following TfGM's plans to withdraw funding.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...791&conf=0
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Anyone travelling via Radcliffe town centre should expect delays due to roadworks & diversion. On the 524, convoys of up to 4 buses were occurring due to traffic chaos. 69138, 69166 & 30879 were together in the bus station in early afternoon, with a Mercedes-Benz not far behind.
The 471 (Rochdale - Bury - Bolton) also seemed to be having problems, with an uid. Mercedes Benz being seen on this service in early afternoon.
To be honest don't know what First could do to prevent that chaos on the 524 , other than splitting the route into two at Radcliffe but then that doesn't help does it really .
(13/12/2014 13:48)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest don't know what First could do to prevent that chaos on the 524 , other than splitting the route into two at Radcliffe but then that doesn't help does it really .

I wouldn't prefer to change, you would have to wait in Radcliffe bus station in the rain, the shelters are useless when the wind is blowing rain under and there are often people smoking under them.
The Oldham depot heritage-livered buses wandering into different areas this week. The Rochdale Corporation B9TL was on the 350 this afternoon, while earlier in the week, the Oldham Corporation livered B7RLE was on the 184 to/from Huddersfield:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28011506@N04/15845359057

User(s) browsing this thread: 48 Guest(s)