Current time: 03/05/2024, 04:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(26/10/2014 09:26)M60lad Wrote:  Looks like from the timetable changne today there are some interesting changes and inter depot changes:

Most Mon-Fri daytime 350 Hey Farm/Oldham-Ashton duties will now be operated by Oldham Depot

Late duty Mon-Fi on 64 passes from Tameside to Oldham Depot

Also it seems most 348s will no longer interwork with 350s, as it seems most 350s will stay as 350s for most of the day especially the Oldham Depot workings.

As a result of the above Oldham Depot should have their first Streetlites allocated to them now

So is Dukinfield loosing Streetlites to Oldham then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/10/2014 10:14)Mayneway Wrote:  So is Dukinfield loosing Streetlites to Oldham then?

I would expect Oldhams Enviros and Volvos on there to be honest.
(26/10/2014 11:27)Dentonian Wrote:  Also, I was in Ashton & Mossley last Wednesday, and there was no sign of off-peak interworking between 350s and anything else.

Generally they come in with 350 Hey Farm/Oldham or 348 Carrbrook already on the front, they generally change at the bypass traffic lights (not the ones near the train station, further up)
What's the purpose in taking work away from Dukinfield. They seem to be doing generally ok at the moment so it seems rather strange to take work, and possibly vehicles away from them to reduce some dead millage. Dukinfiekd haven't gained any extra work elsewhere so I carnt understand it unless it's the age old problem of driver shortages.

It's been suggested elsewhere that there are changes to the 350 but due to the interworking with the 348 times will also change there too. No mention of journeys or vehicles going to Oldham.
(26/10/2014 09:26)M60lad Wrote:  Looks like from the timetable changne today there are some interesting changes and inter depot changes:

Most Mon-Fri daytime 350 Hey Farm/Oldham-Ashton duties will now be operated by Oldham Depot

Late duty Mon-Fi on 64 passes from Tameside to Oldham Depot

Also it seems most 348s will no longer interwork with 350s, as it seems most 350s will stay as 350s for most of the day especially the Oldham Depot workings.

As a result of the above Oldham Depot should have their first Streetlites allocated to them now

HMMM wait and see tomorrow !!!!!!!!
(26/10/2014 18:19)james Wrote:  HMMM wait and see tomorrow !!!!!!!!

Having nipped into Ashton this afternoon it did appear that all the 350's I saw were being worked by Oldham depot using thier vehicles. No sign of any Streetlites being used on the 350 though.

All seems very interesting.
(26/10/2014 18:32)Mayneway Wrote:  Having nipped into Ashton this afternoon it did appear that all the 350's I saw were being worked by Oldham depot using thier vehicles. No sign of any Streetlites being used on the 350 though.

All seems very interesting.

that is sundays om do have 2 350 duties one being the 13.45 350
(26/10/2014 19:03)james Wrote:  that is sundays om do have 2 350 duties one being the 13.45 350

I counted at least 3 OM vehicles in the space of a few hours.
I'm not that clued up on exactly which journeys OM did/do I don't normally pay that much attention but did today given the posts.
Oldham depot really struggling with the roadworks on Oldham Road in Newton Heath at the moment.

They've put an apology on the website and on posters on some buses for the delays, affecting services 24, 83, 180, 181, 182, 184, X80 and X84, while the 181s are being re-routed between Newton Heath and New Moston via the 24/182 route to avoid Oldham Road/Broadway.

The queues were so bad tonight that buses were running up to 2 hours late. I found it quicker to walk from Manchester to Newton Heath this evening. Along the way, I saw the last two 184s to Huddersfield (1629 and 1728) were still stuck in Newton Heath at around 1845, along with the 1641 X84 to Carrcote.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...431&conf=1
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...751&conf=1
I think tonights problems leaving Manchester up Oldham Road towards Newton Heath were the exception rather than the rule tonight as the main problem tonight was a major RTC which closed Princess Road near Mancunian Way, this had a knock on affect on the whole of the Manchester Inner Ringroad with traffic tailing back off Mancunian Way in both directions to Great Ancoats Street and beyond, no matter which direction tonight you chose to leave Manchester at rush hour tonight you were going to hit standing/slow moving traffic.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)