Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
A B9TL on Ashton 41 this evening, seems a bit like overkill to be honest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/09/2014 08:17)Dentonian Wrote:  I take it you reported the previous incidents then and had no reply. This would be lamentable, as one of the basic reasons for the Service Accounts team is to make sure Tendered services are run properly. I'm very worried about james' comment about 15 minutes (late or) early. How on earth can a bus/driver run 15 minutes early!?! To run more than 59 *seconds* early contradicts Registered particulars under the Transport Act. If a bus driver wilfully leaves timing points early, especially on an infrequent service, then they should consider a career change!

I contacted TFGM last time I spotted this happening and received the normal generic reply thanking me for my comments and that they had been passed onto First as they operate the service and that I should receive a reply from them within 14 days. About 3 weeks later I received a email from Firsts customer service telling me that they very rearly instruct drivers to go out of service when late and that it was most probably 'driver error' but passed my comments into the operations manager at Tameside for him to investigate further - I never heard anything after that.

Never the less, even if a service running late is interworked with another service, surly it dosen't make it right to drop a journey so that the interworking service runs on time?
So if roadworks, for example, were effecting 419's heading out of Middleton adding around 10/15 minutes to every journey, would they simply run every journey 'not in service' for part of the journey to catch up?? Dosen't seem right to me, espically on a tendered service.
(25/09/2014 15:23)Polo Mint Wrote:  I have no knowledge of the situation but it looks like Oldham is transferring Enviro's to Rusholme and getting B9TL's from somewhere to use on route 83. I haven't seen Enviro's on route 83 for ages and it looks like its back to being a B9 route.

I've seen a few Enviro400s on the 83 recently, including two during the late-afternoon peak-time journeys from Manchester. Have seen the odd B9TL on the 184/X80, which may have counter-balanced this.

Meanwhile, some service changes mentioned in the documents for the next TfGM Committee meeting:

26 October 2014:
*81 - Short journeys between Manchester and White Moss increased to every 20 mins Mon-Sat daytime
*88/89 - Reduced to every 20 mins
*350 - Some journeys terminate at Micklehurst instead of Hey Farm, running a one-way loop from Winterford Road, Mansfield Road, Micklehurst Road, Huddersfield Road and back onto Winterford Road returning to Ashton

21 January 2015:
*8 - Friday night/Saturday morning night bus service to lose financial support from TfGM
*39 - Night bus service to lose financial support from TfGM

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
(25/09/2014 18:04)joe_alker Wrote:  A B9TL on Ashton 41 this evening, seems a bit like overkill to be honest.

37466 its whatever forms the daytime journeys on xx45/38 xx20/333 usually. tonight it formed the 19.05/38 19.30 /353/4 20.45/345 21.20/41
if that makes sense
Ah right, that'll be the first time I've heard of anything but a Solo on the 353
(26/09/2014 08:48)joe_alker Wrote:  Ah right, that'll be the first time I've heard of anything but a Solo on the 353

i think evrything has been on 353/4 at some point
b9 at least once a month
streetlites eves/suns a lot
marshall sheds eves/suns a lot
34089 2 weeks ago on the 1830 jny
40403 about begg of sept did a swap with a solo
old solos normal route
54 solos if no old solo avail and eve/suns a lot

the 1830 used to often be a b9 decker as it used to do just does the 1 run to uppermill and back then depot 1935
(26/09/2014 14:19)james Wrote:  i think evrything has been on 353/4 at some point
b9 at least once a month
streetlites eves/suns a lot
marshall sheds eves/suns a lot
34089 2 weeks ago on the 1830 jny
40403 about begg of sept did a swap with a solo
old solos normal route
54 solos if no old solo avail and eve/suns a lot

the 1830 used to often be a b9 decker as it used to do just does the 1 run to uppermill and back then depot 1935

When Soeedwell/Stotts ran the daytime 353/354 the first evening journey operated by First used to always have an odd vehicle on it, very often an Arrow or Olympian. I think this is the same journey you refer too James
(26/09/2014 15:57)Dentonian Wrote:  The 1830 and all subsequent evening journeys are contracted as Low-floor, so the use of 34089 is a breach of contract. And at 1830, I don't think a vehicle shortage would be an acceptable excuse especially given that this is now the only non low-floor in the Pennine fleet.

Given my recent comments regarding the 419 and the above, which isn't a one off on tendered services! It just goes to show how much First get away with contract wise.

Any ideas when the Christmas party is this year? No doubt a load ok journeys will be dropped in the evening so the drivers can get sozzled!
(26/09/2014 18:24)Mayneway Wrote:  When Soeedwell/Stotts ran the daytime 353/354 the first evening journey operated by First used to always have an odd vehicle on it, very often an Arrow or Olympian. I think this is the same journey you refer too James
yes until aprils reright it was allocated of a 348/350 duty
then came 39`s from april til july
not sure july /aug
now it comes of a 1703/389 to hyde return
(26/09/2014 18:30)Mayneway Wrote:  Given my recent comments regarding the 419 and the above, which isn't a one off on tendered services! It just goes to show how much First get away with contract wise.

Any ideas when the Christmas party is this year? No doubt a load ok journeys will be dropped in the evening so the drivers can get sozzled!

in regards to pr xmas party somewhere in bridge on a fri night again so with current driver shorts that is a guarentee lol unless they pull all local depots for o/t

with the 419 im looking into it atm to see who was on it

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)