Current time: 01/05/2024, 21:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(30/04/2014 09:19)YSV-205 Wrote:  I can see the sense in using QS now since the 42 has been extended. The 41's though for 7 weeks "due to transferring and bringing drivers into Rusholme to train them up".
Is it drivers wishing to transfer depots?
Or is it because the Rusholme depot is expected to greatly increase in size?
Or does it mean buses transferring to Rusholme needing additional drivers?

Some drivers I believe may wish to transfer, but Rusholme is using loaned drivers from Bury and I think also from Bolton.

They do need additional drivers due to the 42 expansion, even though Rusholme as a depot is fairly limited by its overall size, it's a fair statement to say, that first must have significant plans going forward, due to the huge investment and ongoing investment in the buses.

And yes the 41s are at manchester at the moment due to the bringing in of other drivers involved in training days and route learning etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/04/2014 11:03)37554BY Wrote:  Some drivers I believe may wish to transfer, but Rusholme is using loaned drivers from Bury and I think also from Bolton.

They do need additional drivers due to the 42 expansion, even though Rusholme as a depot is fairly limited by its overall size, it's a fair statement to say, that first must have significant plans going forward, due to the huge investment and ongoing investment in the buses.

And yes the 41s are at manchester at the moment due to the bringing in of other drivers involved in training days and route learning etc.

Thanks 37554BY
(30/04/2014 06:28)M60lad Wrote:  Bury Depot's newer B7s were spread out over various routes yesterday instead of mostly on 472/474s, one was on a board that does 163s during the day and finishes off by doing a 162 Piccadilly-Norden in the eveninng peak, as 37554BY says there was also one on 510s which I was shocked to see.

Infact allocation at Bury yesterday was quite odd to say the least as there was at least 5 Gemini B9s parked up in the Depot when I went past yesterday afternoon about 13:10 so it looks like B9s could be favorable on Schools at the moment in place of the ALX400 B7s as a result of this there was a Citaro allocated to 471s and also a ALX400 allocated to one of the decker duties on 135

yesterday i agree with the by alloc there was at elast 4 alx400s on the 135 and i saw 3 citaros at 6pm at shudehill doing the 92s etc
(30/04/2014 12:46)james Wrote:  yesterday i agree with the by alloc there was at elast 4 alx400s on the 135 and i saw 3 citaros at 6pm at shudehill doing the 92s etc

Funnily enough felt very nostalgic at Bury today, with the new entrance opening the 135 had been moved back to the stop it originally had years ago and the 471 has gone back to its original stop from years ago. Talking of which the bendi buses returned to full service today, after being away for MOT checks. Very obvious that the new stand choices on the bus station allow for both sets of doors to open easily on the Bendis.
(30/04/2014 11:12)YSV-205 Wrote:  Thanks 37554BY

Your welcome
(30/04/2014 06:28)M60lad Wrote:  Bury Depot's newer B7s were spread out over various routes yesterday instead of mostly on 472/474s, one was on a board that does 163s during the day and finishes off by doing a 162 Piccadilly-Norden in the eveninng peak, as 37554BY says there was also one on 510s which I was shocked to see.

Infact allocation at Bury yesterday was quite odd to say the least as there was at least 5 Gemini B9s parked up in the Depot when I went past yesterday afternoon about 13:10 so it looks like B9s could be favorable on Schools at the moment in place of the ALX400 B7s as a result of this there was a Citaro allocated to 471s and also a ALX400 allocated to one of the decker duties on 135

60283 was the citaro in question on the 471s 69566 on 510s

Today 60283 524 and 69566/7/8/71/72/73 all back on usual Rammy circulars

With the ALXs running 98s 92 and schools

As for the 510 usual predictable citaros and 66915 always love a B7
Anyone come across 37294 this bus seems to struggle constantly on the 471s after chatting with a couple of Bury Drivers they tell me it's had gearbox troubles for ages. Call me old fashioned but why not just fix it. Today it was working the 16:30 Bury too Bolton 471, and twice along the route the driver had to stop because it sounded like the engine was going to fall out. He shut everything down waited a couple of minutes then started off again
Mtickets (or mobile tickets) are now available on First Manchester services. FirstDay, FirstWeek and FirstMonth tickets available via First Bus mticket app, along with 10 single journeys for £18.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_.../mtickets/
I think it would make sense for first to buy out arriva in wythenshawe as it would give first a bit more of a footing.
(01/05/2014 21:05)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I think it would make sense for first to buy out arriva in wythenshawe as it would give first a bit more of a footing.

Interesting point, given the huge investment First have placed into south manchester they are serious about keeping a firm grip in the area, and the idea of one day maybe buying Arriva out in wythenshawe would work.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)