Current time: 02/05/2024, 18:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(05/04/2014 22:37)Mayneway Wrote:  Very interesting, thanks for clarifying things James.

So with the exception of the two Olympians (possibly more in the near future), if the B9's are returned to Oldham Dukinfield could become virtually all single decker operated, not good for services like the 348/350 at peak.

There seems to be a lot of critissum of management at the moment. It's been suggested on another forum that painters have been poised to paint two B9's at Dukinfield into heritage liveries but that certain pen pushers have objected - presumably because their wanted back at OM so the plans are on hold.

The painter at BN had hinted that the still to arrive 42942/3 from Camborne were the heritage buses for pioneer with drawings for said buses already drawn up, but due to the issues that pioneer management have this was on hold. Basically due to pioneer management not wanting to darts in heritage liveries.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/04/2014 01:55)37554BY Wrote:  The painter at BN had hinted that the still to arrive 42942/3 from Camborne were the heritage buses for pioneer with drawings for said buses already drawn up, but due to the issues that pioneer management have this was on hold. Basically due to pioneer management not wanting to darts in heritage liveries.

Arh I hadn't realised it was the remaining 2 Darts to arrive that were to receive heritage liveries I had assumed it was B9's.
Still seems crazy given Firsts history in the town ect.
It certainly looked like Ashton was an interesting place to be yesterday vehicle wise with the odd workings by First and the Magicbuses by Stagecoach as usual on 168/169s
(06/04/2014 06:34)M60lad Wrote:  It certainly looked like Ashton was an interesting place to be yesterday vehicle wise with the odd workings by First and the Magicbuses by Stagecoach as usual on 168/169s

The irritation of arriving too late to photograph several magicbuses leaving en masse and the B7 on the 346.

If the streetlites are to replace the B9s, that would certainly place capacity issues. The B9s are needed even on services like the 393 at peak, and the Streetlites are just too long to negotiate the turns around Smallshaw.
Yes the current Streetlite Maxis that Dukinfield have got at the moment are too long for some of the turns on various routes but don't forget that Dukinfield Depot (Pioneer) are supposedly getting the more common shorter version and the Maxis are I think only on loan until the new Streetlites start arriving
Streetlites replacing B9's? Ouch that is a shame.

Why do OM want the B9's back for? What routes need them?
(06/04/2014 14:51)Polo Mint Wrote:  Streetlites replacing B9's? Ouch that is a shame.

Why do OM want the B9's back for? What routes need them?

my GUESS! is 149 to get rid of shitaros 58`s to full deckers or 425 but main guess is 149`s as this is a high capacity route at certain times of day. but om of course rule the roost with everything its the flagship depot as all mgrs from all over country see this depot if coming for meetings at h/o
(06/04/2014 13:40)M60lad Wrote:  Yes the current Streetlite Maxis that Dukinfield have got at the moment are too long for some of the turns on various routes but don't forget that Dukinfield Depot (Pioneer) are supposedly getting the more common shorter version and the Maxis are I think only on loan until the new Streetlites start arriving

the maxis are for vf as first dont have many any swb versions in n/w fleets so to train the drivers they used so the maxi as it is the same cab wise and to operate its just bigger so when the swb do arrive they dont have to panic about training drivers up as theyve already been shown as the problem they had with the b9s when they came is the drivers didnt know always how to start them up if the isolator under the steering wheel was on it caught many drivers out
The first of pioneer's new streetlites have arrived at heysham docks these being

47466/68/80 with 47466/68 carrying pioneer depot stickers
(06/04/2014 17:36)james Wrote:  my GUESS! is 149 to get rid of shitaros 58`s to full deckers or 425 but main guess is 149`s as this is a high capacity route at certain times of day. but om of course rule the roost with everything its the flagship depot as all mgrs from all over country see this depot if coming for meetings at h/o

I had a tweet from someone on the @FirstManchester feed mention that something was to occur with the 425 in regards to new buses... I'm not pointing any fingers but the possibility is certainly there as they seem to be trying a little bit more with the route.

Also, getting rid of Citaros seems quite unlikely since it's on the cards that they're staying past their sell-by. It's been mentioned by more than one driver that I've spoken to at Oldham depot that there is something possibly going on with them...

Only time will tell though, plus remember not to rule out that there's an extra 27 Enviro400's on their way to Manchester in the near future, so it will be interesting to find out where their planned to be allocated to.

Last thing to mention, I've recently heard that First want rid of the last step entranced vehicles within the next two months. Again this is rumoured but it's there, and time will tell! Smile

Nobody take my word though, as with everyone this board is a mix of fact and speculation, and I've not heard anywhere in the rules that things aren't open for discussion. Big Grin

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/

User(s) browsing this thread: Y458 KNF, 27 Guest(s)