Current time: 30/04/2024, 05:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Rare sight to see an Enviro300 (67429) on a Sunday 343
[Image: 343HydeBusStation67429_zps6becefdb.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Do OM run Sunday 343's?
I'm guessing Pioneer must have been short of drivers yesterday as they normally do Sunday duties on 343, its not actually unheard of for Oldham to cover Pioneer duties as its happened quite a few times in the past
Services Changes for 26 January now listed on the First website:

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...331&conf=0
66834 on 348/350 duties today, running with 'cared for by Manchester depot team' stickers so clearly not a transfer. Pity really, Pioneer doesn't have any full-size single deckers anymore.
(16/01/2014 16:17)joe_alker Wrote:  66834 on 348/350 duties today, running with 'cared for by Manchester depot team' stickers so clearly not a transfer. Pity really, Pioneer doesn't have any full-size single deckers anymore.

It's to do with the amount of space they have in the depot. They can make more use of 10.6 and 10.7 metre deckers and darts than they can with 12.1 metre saloons Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Ironically up until a couple of months ago 66834 was actually based at Oldham Depot, probably seemed odd seeing it back on some of its old haunts, I'm guessing Pioneer are short of buses again for some reason
It seems their short of B9's again as Darts and even a Solo yesterday on 348/350's.

Ironically one of the ADL Darts is out tonight on late 348/350's. Makes much more sense to use smaller single deckers on these routes in the evenings than double deckers that seem to carry no more than 5-10 passengers per trip.

Also worth mentioning that over the last few nights I've noticed the odd Enviro300 creeping into late 409's.
Regarding Enviro300s on 409s, I'm not surprised as I don't think the late journeys actually carry that many passengers to require a double decker.

Tomorrow will be interesting on 348/350 and all Oldham services as due to Metrolink works Mumps is being closed from 21:00 tonight until about 15:00 tomorrow with all buses diverting via Egerton Street and Shaw Road, now this includes the By-Pass as well so there is a possibility of extra traffic on local roads round Oldham, now before anyone mentions it I know 348 doesn't go anywhere near Oldham but it does interwork with most journeys on 350 so some journeys on 348 could be affected depending on traffic.

BTW other news is that apparently Oldham Depot's newer B7s are now parked up out of service in Oldham Depot unless someone knows any different and it seems QS's newer B7s are back in service on 31s
42945 freshly repainted and out an the 387s today

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)