Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(29/06/2012 22:53)bolton bus basher Wrote:  lol my ex well 2 ex's live on the withins estate so i used to get the 561/562 a lot, i would rather walk it :P

So would I, I Only live a couple of miles from withins, best be careful I don't sl*g it to much lol
Quote this message in a reply
If Wigan did get sold my worst idea for a buyer would be Arriva without Question... the companys best suited id say would be Either Stagecoach,Rotala or Transdev.
Find all posts by this user
This afternoon I was in Kearsley Is 37416 Bolton Based It was in the new livery on the 8. I just cant remember who has it
(29/06/2012 22:58)SLTRegular Wrote:  If Wigan did get sold my worst idea for a buyer would be Arriva without Question... the companys best suited id say would be Either Stagecoach,Rotala or Transdev.

Well, if it had, been sold, Arriva would be suited to it, as Bolton is to small. But thats another story lol
(29/06/2012 22:07)M60lad Wrote:  Other news is that Oldham Depot B7 66863 is one B7 to be best avoided if anyone sees it in service as its extremely sluggish, in fact if its allocated to a late board and depending what route that board is on its not unusual for a driver to swap it over for a quicker vehicle

It's always been a problem bus, but just yesterday I noticed it's got a serious air fault, and when setting off out of Rochdale bus station it seemed to take about 10 seconds just to get into 2nd gear, you could see how frustrated the driver was.

Also yesterday, saw a very young woman driving the late 425's. I literally feared. For. Her. Life.
(29/06/2012 23:02)P528LND Wrote:  
(29/06/2012 22:07)M60lad Wrote:  Other news is that Oldham Depot B7 66863 is one B7 to be best avoided if anyone sees it in service as its extremely sluggish, in fact if its allocated to a late board and depending what route that board is on its not unusual for a driver to swap it over for a quicker vehicle

It's always been a problem bus, but just yesterday I noticed it's got a serious air fault, and when setting off out of Rochdale bus station it seemed to take about 10 seconds just to get into 2nd gear, you could see how frustrated the driver was.

Also yesterday, saw a very young woman driving the late 425's. I literally feared. For. Her. Life.

Not wishing to be in anyway age ist here, But I can't help but notice how many young bus drivers, are around now, and I mean young. Kind of like leave school, drive a bus lol
Never believe what you see in the press...
Also, 117 buses? They need go get their facts right, there's about 126 buses there (in service and withdrawn combined).
(30/06/2012 00:07)thomasl1231 Wrote:  Never believe what you see in the press...

The article, isn't total crap, because its a basis of what first are looking to possibly do by way of disposals after research, at the moment the unions got involved insisted first put a statment out to say for now nothing but speculation.....For now at least.
Just remember if the depot did move to another company it would include the drivers and other staff at the depot, so nobody would lose their jobs. First's loss of Wigan would be nothing of hurt to any employee's/local people, so to be quite honest I would underline 'speculation' and keep it as the key word. It really does not make a difference to the public whether it goes or not, apart from their tickets would only be valid on this new operator. first wouldn't defend something that isn't worth defence.

The likelihood is, it is just a rumour from some attention-seeking enthusiast that likes to spread a load of old rollocks in order to stir things up a bit. Really, take what you see with a pinch of salt, I know I will be doing so.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/

User(s) browsing this thread: 81 Guest(s)