Current time: 28/04/2024, 10:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(05/10/2013 11:12)37554BY Wrote:  I'm curious when First or if First get the go ahead over the Finglands take over? Is it going to be run on the basis of First Pioneer as a low cost unit. I don't claim to know to much about the business of Finglands.

Makes me think a lot about the business plan of First in Manchester going forward. Bury depot still has a very unsettled future despite initial plans being blocked.

no idea with Finglands
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Saw a poster on the 184 today about First and TfGM holding consultations about bus services in the Saddleworth and Lees area in the next week, where they'll be asking for people's opinions. They will be taking place on Tuesday afternoon (8 October) at Lees Library, Thursday outside the Commercial Hotel in Uppermill and on Saturday in Delph.

One issue that will probably be on the agenda will be the reduction of the 180 last October to an hourly service, which didn't go down well with some people in Saddleworth.

http://garthharkness.mycouncillor.org.uk...s-service/
Noted 31943 officially to Oldham. Why Oldham want this I do not no
@SF07 with the 180 being commercial, i dont blame them for reducing frequency, if more people used it there woukd be more per hour, they can always walk to the top of the hill and get the 184, or catch the 350 to town
pioneer dart 40380 now withdrawn
(06/10/2013 20:41)jimbo Wrote:  @SF07 with the 180 being commercial, i dont blame them for reducing frequency, if more people used it there woukd be more per hour, they can always walk to the top of the hill and get the 184, or catch the 350 to town

I think the problem there is that there are quite a few elderly people in the Saddleworth area who may not have the ability of walking up the hill (pretty steep walking up from Tesco to Greenfield railway station). But, as you said, it is a commercial service and First obviously didn't see fit a half-hourly 180 service.

I think at the time of the change when the 180 was reduced last October, First's response was saying that the 350 still was half-hourly and provided a link to Oldham, along with a connection at Greenfield railway station or Uppermill for the 184.

In the link from the previous post, there is a suggestion from a retired Lib Dem councillor who said First could restore the half-hourly link by extending one of the buses from Grotton or have an extra bus that terminates at Oldham, although I can't see First adopting either. If an extra bus extended from Grotton, you probably would have to run the current 180 as a 184 to Uppermill and then extend two of the Grotton buses to Greenfield, which was result in 25-30 minute waits for buses at either Grotton or Greenfield.
Have Bury depot put a rocket inside B7 66918 it went like out a bat out of hell today.

Do love Eclipse 2 69572 very comfortable, sadly I know they are only loans to BY, shame
I personally think the best solution for Greenfield's service frequency is to extend the 180 to somewhere more meaningful for a terminating service.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Speaking about 180 I often wonder whether extending some or all of them to Holmfirth via A635 Holmfirth Road would actually work obviously not during the winter but maybe during say April-October time, I know that from Holmfirth there are regular connections to Huddersfield for anyone who wants onward connections
pioneer bus 40406 is on loan to Oldham

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)