Current time: 29/04/2024, 17:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(26/08/2013 07:02)M60lad Wrote:  Any idea of when the next ALX400 is due to enter service at Bury Depot, I must say though as already has been said 30880 is proving quite reliable on any service its put on, I remember reading somewhere (could be on here) about these vehicles struggling on hills, well I was on 30880 the other week on 524 and it climbed the hill near Moses Gate Country Park with no problem whatsoever, it does seem that its been well looked after, unless its had some work done on it before or after it arrived in Manchester

Depends but logically you would have thought 30879, but 30873 is also ready apparently destination changed ticket machine fitted. The allocator has the power. It will be interesting to see how 30873 does as this is one of the ones that has come under a lot of criticism but I will form my own opinion
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
37290 has returned to QS So eyes peeled for its new livery
Officially scanias 60213/4 went to Leeds last weekend gone
(26/08/2013 15:02)37554BY Wrote:  Officially scanias 60213/4 went to Leeds last weekend gone

If Leeds are scrapping the rest like they've done with 60071, will the L94/Flolines become extinct or it there one preserved?
(26/08/2013 19:08)VolvoB10M Wrote:  
(26/08/2013 15:02)37554BY Wrote:  Officially scanias 60213/4 went to Leeds last weekend gone

If Leeds are scrapping the rest like they've done with 60071, will the L94/Flolines become extinct or it there one preserved?

Leeds did not scarp 60071 Bolton did
[/quote]Leeds did not scarp 60071 Bolton did[/quote]

I know more have been scrapped as I saw 66908 with a diagonal radiator vent off a Floline but 60071 had the usual type similar to what is on the normal B7RLE's.
Leeds did not scarp 60071 Bolton did[/quote]

I know more have been scrapped as I saw 66908 with a diagonal radiator vent off a Floline but 60071 had the usual type similar to what is on the normal B7RLE's.
[/quote]

quite a few still redundent at Bolton
No real noticeable mention on the First website but noticed a poster on board the 180 about some fare changes that took place from last Sunday (18 August), which seems to be First preparing themselves for next month when Stagecoach re-route the 80 and increase the 112 (and to some extent, JPT's return to the 17 route on weekdays).

The Moston return tickets (valid on the 81/81A and 88/89) has been scrapped and the cheaper day, weekly and monthly tickets for the 17/18 being extended for use on the 81/81A to Moston Gardeners Arms and 88/89 to Victoria Avenue. Those tickets are also valid on the 64 between Middleton and Manchester (a route partly covered by JPT's 156 and soon-to-be-withdrawn 157).

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...ith_first/

The other fare change, not mentioned on the website, is the introduction of a £1.50 single fare on some routes into Manchester, which also happen to be on common sections of Stagecoach services:
*17/17A, 18, 64, 162, 163 between Harpurhey Road (just after Collyhurst and turn-off for Fernclough Road) and Manchester
*24, 83, 180, 181/182, 184 between Hulme Hall Lane (Miles Platting) and Manchester
*81/81A between Moston Gardeners Arms and Manchester
*88/89 between Colmore Avenue (top of White Moss) and Manchester Piccadilly
[/quote]quite a few still redundent at Bolton[/quote]

Wouldn't the L94/Flolines be completely extinct after they go?
quite a few still redundent at Bolton[/quote]

Wouldn't the L94/Flolines be completely extinct after they go?
[/quote]

in Greater Manchester yes they would Bolton are getting Older Volvo B10BLEs from QS

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)