Current time: 01/05/2024, 08:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
67414 enviro300 in service on the 408 today in Oldham, first time ive seen one in Oldham
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/06/2013 00:09)Mayneway Wrote:  
(19/06/2013 13:23)james Wrote:  
(19/06/2013 09:09)Mayneway Wrote:  They use Hybrid Solo's/Versa's on the 168 and occasionally normal Solo's so doubt they would switch to something bigger.
Oldham operate a large number of schools in the droylsden area, could it be for that?

mayneway you are correct the Enviro300 was from om trying a school route variation that may happen in sept. pioneer arent down for any of this batch of Enviro300s but may get some of the junk it replaces. i was at om when they came back in with it as the schools ops mgr was sat at the front telling the driver the poss new route

I can see a few people being bemused at that in September. Droylsden academy students going from T reg Olympians in July too brand new Enviro300's in September , although going back a few years it always amazed me when I was at school that Mayne's used their brand new (then) Tridents on schools. They got trashed.

James what's the crack with the Hybrids in Ashton at the moment. The 41 is often worked with 1 or sometimes 2 regular Solo's and the 419 often has at 1 regular Solo on it, are they off the road or working somewhere else?

no the Enviro400 was out on a test run but the school ops mgr wanted to play (like a big kid with a new toy) or as he said kill 2 birds with one stone

easy answer is all maintainence on the hybrids is done at (optare,?)blackburn and we dont have a spare hybrid, the 41/419 are newer contracts and the stipulation of the stockport tenders is we get more earache is a normal bus goes on them (i.e 380/1/6) so the allocator nicks em of the 41`s normally if 2 are vor then we have trouble i belive 2 versa`s are at blackburn yesterday or were going
It seems that First are having quite a number of problems with their Hybrid's at the moment as over at Oldham I believe there's a couple of the Yellow Schoolbus Versa's off the road at the moment with various problems, a driver who I know that does I think its either Werneth or Harrytown with one has been getting various vehicles allocated to his Schoolrun in place of the usual vehicle
(16/06/2013 06:32)M60lad Wrote:  Sure I've seen a picture somewhere of one on layover in Stockport Bus Station inbetween journeys on 22

I have already seen 67401 and 67406 on route 22, with 67406 specifically on that route on Wednesday.
The school buses ive seen going through platt bridge the past 2days and its been eclipses and geminis on it.
(20/06/2013 06:18)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if it was a one off odd working but yesterday saw QS's Streetlite operating on 17s, friend of mine who's a driver at Stagecoach Manchester managed to get it home to Castleton yesterday

So Queens Rd are getting Streetlites? Not particularly surprising with the demonstrator swanning around Manchester.

Hopefully they were a one off for route 17, I cannot imagine such a busy route like the 17 receiving these kind of vehicles.
(20/06/2013 15:01)jimbo Wrote:  67414 enviro300 in service on the 408 today in Oldham, first time ive seen one in Oldham

got a pic of this and also 67145 was on it today and got a pic of that too
One of the hybrid Solos was on tow next to Salford Royal today! Unfortunately I was too far away to see the fleet number or the registration properly. Smile
Looks like Oldham depot are now trying to see what the Enviro300s are like on other routes. Seen a couple of photos on Flickr of them on the 81/81A services and spotted one yesterday evening (might have been 67417) on the 59.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/m920/9148138488/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mancs/9130071746/
From reports on here, I have the feeling that there are more Enviro 300s in service in Oldham than Bolton. There are still plenty of Eclipses on route 22 for example.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)