Current time: 03/05/2024, 13:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
37554 finally painted into new livery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81788292@N07/8886236723/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/05/2013 15:55)WWH44L Wrote:  Three new Enviro300s have turned up for service at Bolton today.

63001BN SN13 CJV
63002BN SN13 CJX
63003BN SN13 CJY
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46868364@N04/8890754801/

Credit to Lea at BN for the photos.

any idea when these will enter service & what services?
I saw 37415 being towed by a red truck, I thought it was from PVS at the time but I doubt a B9TL would be heading for scrap. I have also noticed on a fleet list that 37299 is withdrawn, Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
LH.
(30/05/2013 22:16)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I saw 37415 being towed by a red truck, I thought it was from PVS at the time but I doubt a B9TL would be heading for scrap. I have also noticed on a fleet list that 37299 is withdrawn, Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
LH.

Seems conflicting informaton, 37299 was sent to ballymena to wrightbus, after loosing its roof, in Prestwich around a month ago, when it went under a low bridge. Wheather its been withdrawn since, who can tell but then there wouldnt be much point sending it to ballymena, for repairs, then to go and withdraw. I guess all will come clear soon.
Technically 37299 could be classed as withdrawn as its not officially on fleet strength at the moment while its away at Wrights having its roof rebuilt

As for the new Enviro 300s that have arrived at Bolton Depot I'm guessing that these are not for Bolton Depot but for another depot possibly Oldham Depot which has been mentioned in the past, as all new buses that arrive at First Manchester always pass through Bolton Depot possibly for PDI checks
(31/05/2013 06:13)M60lad Wrote:  Technically 37299 could be classed as withdrawn as its not officially on fleet strength at the moment while its away at Wrights having its roof rebuilt

As for the new Enviro 300s that have arrived at Bolton Depot I'm guessing that these are not for Bolton Depot but for another depot possibly Oldham Depot which has been mentioned in the past, as all new buses that arrive at First Manchester always pass through Bolton Depot possibly for PDI checks

Apparently they are for BN according to Lea who works there and are lettered up already. Don' t forget there are 30 of them.
Well bolton is where MOTs are done afaik, so probably doing checks etc... Also where training is based, so maybe VFing trainers etc
(31/05/2013 06:50)jimbo Wrote:  Well bolton is where MOTs are done afaik, so probably doing checks etc... Also where training is based, so maybe VFing trainers etc

You're right about the MOTs etc. These three have the "I'm cared for by the Bolton Depot Team" on them but that obviously could change. However, there was talk of the Scanias at BN going over to WY and at least 60113 has gone with another two 60110/185 which have been parked up outside the workshop for over a week now.

63004 SN13CJZ has also been reported on delivery today.
(31/05/2013 08:33)WWH44L Wrote:  
(31/05/2013 06:50)jimbo Wrote:  Well bolton is where MOTs are done afaik, so probably doing checks etc... Also where training is based, so maybe VFing trainers etc

You're right about the MOTs etc. These three have the "I'm cared for by the Bolton Depot Team" on them but that obviously could change. However, there was talk of the Scanias at BN going over to WY and at least 60113 has gone with another two 60110/185 which have been parked up outside the workshop for over a week now.

63004 SN13CJZ has also been reported on delivery today.

Maybe a few are for the 12/25 service, i know there was some sort of agreement with the 12/25/581/582 that they must have certain engine standards on them, could be wrong though!
Exciting times for Bolton, any speculation/confirmation on the routes? or indeed if other depots are getting any later deliveries.

What is the agreement you mean? Are the 12/25 tendered?

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)