Current time: 08/05/2024, 15:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
It would be in First's best interests to keep the X34 at Wigan. At present there are four drivers on a dedicated roster for the service (with one relief covering) and virtually all of the regular passengers know the drivers by name.

Something I've realised is, wouldn't the reduction in the 12 amount to a breach of the QBP?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31918 clapped out arrow on the 572s today, i must say, it does amuse me, when a group of drivers hitching a ride to Bolton Depot. Openly slate the arrows calling them clapped out sheds.

How right they are
(21/06/2012 20:36)Damien Wrote:  31918 clapped out arrow on the 572s today, i must say, it does amuse me, when a group of drivers hitching a ride to Bolton Depot. Openly slate the arrows calling them clapped out sheds.

How right they are

I had that today! Big Grin It did amuse me how part of the ceiling 'lining' or whatever was hanging ff downstairs. Bolton doesn't seem to look after them as much as Wigan does! :P
(21/06/2012 19:43)Nicholas Wrote:  It would be in First's best interests to keep the X34 at Wigan. At present there are four drivers on a dedicated roster for the service (with one relief covering) and virtually all of the regular passengers know the drivers by name.

Something I've realised is, wouldn't the reduction in the 12 amount to a breach of the QBP?

Isn't the QBP just between Leigh - Atherton - Tyldesley on the 12 where an half hour frequency will be kept?
Also thought the X34 has dedicated drivers, theres one man with black hair, about 50's, does the 0745 from Leigh nearly everyday!
(21/06/2012 21:18)FirstGroup Wrote:  
(21/06/2012 19:43)Nicholas Wrote:  It would be in First's best interests to keep the X34 at Wigan. At present there are four drivers on a dedicated roster for the service (with one relief covering) and virtually all of the regular passengers know the drivers by name.

Isn't the QBP just between Leigh - Atherton - Tyldesley on the 12 where an half hour frequency will be kept?
Also thought the X34 has dedicated drivers, theres one man with black hair, about 50's, does the 0745 from Leigh nearly everyday!

Its actually only the section between Leigh Bus Station and Atherton Church that is parallel with the 582 which is the core route in the partnership.

As for dedicated drivers on the X34 the case is that yes the Wigan journeys may have these, but the Extra journeys provided between Wigan, Bolton and Manchester depots are likely to be staffed ad-hoc with staff.

So there are plenty drivers at all three depots that know the route off by heart.

Incidently a Gemini in the new livery did a working on Tuesday morning - one based at Bolton I suspect but too far away for me to identify- pritty early on, on the rosta before 7am.
Yes X34 does have regular drivers that do the route day in/day out, think I know who you mean by the driver with black hair about 50s especially if he was smallish and wore glasses then I defiantly know who your on about.

Its not just Locket Road Depot that have regular drivers on X34, Queens Road currently has a regular driver on their X34 Piccadilly-Lowton service which leaves Manchester at 17:12 every weekday night and all passengers know him by name and let him know if they or someone else isn't getting on the next day for whatever reason
(21/06/2012 21:45)M60lad Wrote:  Yes X34 does have regular drivers that do the route day in/day out, think I know who you mean by the driver with black hair about 50s especially if he was smallish and wore glasses then I defiantly know who your on about.

Its not just Locket Road Depot that have regular drivers on X34, Queens Road currently has a regular driver on their X34 Piccadilly-Lowton service which leaves Manchester at 17:12 every weekday night and all passengers know him by name and let him know if they or someone else isn't getting on the next day for whatever reason

There's always the smallish guy on the X34! Along with that fifty year old looking guy and some other man who stunk of smoke once when I got on his bus. :P There's a young-looking woman driver that sometimes does them too I've seen. It's rare to find like a 'pic and mix' of drivers on there, usually the same ones all the time. Smile
(22/06/2012 07:11)66905 Wrote:  As Thomas reported, 66887 is now on loan to Bolton, on 519s about 5 mins ago :-)
And my 66905 is on 575s :-)

66905 is looking a bit rough at the mo especially around the back end.
Confirmation of the 610 extension to South Lancs Industrial Estate from 22 July:

http://www.tfgm.com/tfgm_news.cfm?news_i...nuheader=4
The driver of the year is being held at Bryn on Sunday instead of the Reebok!

User(s) browsing this thread: 48 Guest(s)