Current time: 29/04/2024, 17:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I'm very keen to find out what is to replace the Solos and Darts as they come of age personally, because Oldham has the issue of the 415 route :O also does anyone have any information as to what the alleged 8 and 36 changes in route will be... Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Pioneer were using Solo's on the 348/350 last night. I was in Ashton for about 45 minutes and didn't see one B9.

I noticed an elderly lady struggling off an Arrow yesterday in Ashton which was on the 346, there was also an Olympian out but didn't catch what it was working, but given that the schools are off, surly Dukinfield has enough low floor vehicles so that the older vehicles don't have to be used?
(29/12/2012 07:09)Mayneway Wrote:  Pioneer were using Solo's on the 348/350 last night. I was in Ashton for about 45 minutes and didn't see one B9.

I noticed an elderly lady struggling off an Arrow yesterday in Ashton which was on the 346, there was also an Olympian out but didn't catch what it was working, but given that the schools are off, surly Dukinfield has enough low floor vehicles so that the older vehicles don't have to be used?

It really does make me wonder how old people and pram people etc coped before the days of low floor buses. :P
(29/12/2012 21:24)thomasl1231 Wrote:  
(29/12/2012 07:09)Mayneway Wrote:  Pioneer were using Solo's on the 348/350 last night. I was in Ashton for about 45 minutes and didn't see one B9.

It really does make me wonder how old people and pram people etc coped before the days of low floor buses. :P

Fair point, but we live in very different times now, and when First is sending slightly older low floor buses for disposal, its pretty poor that their's still high floor shed's being used on everyday services.
Im fine with them being used on school services and at peak, but during the school holidays when the roads are fairly quiet, why is there a need to use them.
Suprised that First have no put the fares up yet , think it was January 2nd when they increased last year
First Manchester are offering reduced £2 return between Manchester and the Winter Beer and Cider festival later this month. This reduced fare is valid on the Services 82, 83, 180 184 24 181 and 182

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(02/01/2013 15:17)FirstGroup Wrote:  Suprised that First have no put the fares up yet , think it was January 2nd when they increased last year

Might be possible to see some changes at the end of the month, as that's when the SaveManchester and SaveOldham fare offers are suppose to end. Could be possible that the offer is extended or perhaps the cheaper fares will be extended into Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Tameside.
(02/01/2013 18:11)SF07 Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 15:17)FirstGroup Wrote:  Suprised that First have no put the fares up yet , think it was January 2nd when they increased last year

Might be possible to see some changes at the end of the month, as that's when the SaveManchester and SaveOldham fare offers are suppose to end. Could be possible that the offer is extended or perhaps the cheaper fares will be extended into Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Tameside.

I'm more than certain that the cheaper fares that are offered in Oldham and M60 areas will be extended to other towns as the same rules that include the boundaries.

They are a fantastic addition for those who don't travel far and were once paying extautionate fares to get to places only a mile or two around the corner. For example I had to pay £4.20 to get to Oldham Town Centre and back. That journey itself took 20 minutes on a good day - I can walk faster.

Can I ask if anyone would be able to supply me with a list of all the Citaros in service and their depot allocation? By this I mean of course the Greater Manchester examples Smile

I would also like to point out that First have a year to find suitable midibuses for the 415 - the PVR of this route is about 7 or 8 now though it could be 6. I have considered the Optare Solo M950s from the Pioneer Depot though I highly doubt this as they are an asset to that fleet and I don't think the depot manager would see them leave any time soon, though needs must be.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

(29/12/2012 22:00)Mayneway Wrote:  
(29/12/2012 21:24)thomasl1231 Wrote:  

Fair point, but we live in very different times now, and when First is sending slightly older low floor buses for disposal, its pretty poor that their's still high floor shed's being used on everyday services.
Im fine with them being used on school services and at peak, but during the school holidays when the roads are fairly quiet, why is there a need to use them.

It's probably to do with the fact they can spare the deckers to allow them to do some of the major jobs on the single deck fleet, which obviously if you can only get them off for 3-4 hours a day on schooldays, has to wait til the holidays.
I have to give First some credit. Oldham's buses seem cleaner and mechanically all work excellently these days. Though their services are still poor, they've pulled a lot out of their bag at the moment, I'm thinking though maybe they may sort this out in the next year.

As for the deckers, I'm sure they'll be gone this year. In fact I'm positive, as with the Darts. Though as usual the complaints will then move to the Wright Renowns/Axcess and Mercedes-Benz Citaro's, with a sprinking of Solos in a state.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)