Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(23/12/2012 17:15)SF07 Wrote:  
(23/12/2012 14:12)Polo Mint Wrote:  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why on earth would First give up routes like the 512 and 513 after they have recently been awarded them and are getting paid by TfGM to operate them?

After reading the TfGMC documents, I'm wondering whether TfGM aren't happy with First's reliability on the route and have cancelled the contract with them to give another company a chance. 516/584 Sunday daytime service also up for grabs, so may have also been part of that contract.

Certainly got plenty of choice for a replacement operator for those services with Rossendalebus, Maytree, Arriva, SLT and maybe even Stagecoach.

well i got told today that arriva bolton depot have not gone in for the 512/513 and i really dont see SLT going in for it due to lack of room i expect maytree to get it as out of the remaining names they would be best for it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Maytree, hands down.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Enviro 400s do actually find their way onto some odd routes tomorrow (Boxing Day) as not to sure how true it is but I did hear that Bolton Depot did loan a Enviro 400 to Bury Depot for type training for drivers working over Christmas as surely First wouldn't want drivers turning up for work Boxing Day and on seeing an Enviro 400 turning round and saying "Sorry I can't drive that as I haven't had the relevant training", also it will be difficult to get a different bus out out to them as there won't be many Engineering Staff working over Christmas
(25/12/2012 07:48)M60lad Wrote:  To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Enviro 400s do actually find their way onto some odd routes tomorrow (Boxing Day) as not to sure how true it is but I did hear that Bolton Depot did loan a Enviro 400 to Bury Depot for type training for drivers working over Christmas as surely First wouldn't want drivers turning up for work Boxing Day and on seeing an Enviro 400 turning round and saying "Sorry I can't drive that as I haven't had the relevant training", also it will be difficult to get a different bus out out to them as there won't be many Engineering Staff working over Christmas

Andrew Bury Depot had 33742 and one of the drivers off Flickr, told me that it was at Bury for type training as Bury drivers would be using Enviros for Boxing Day duties
Don't Bolton still have many Volvo's that could have been used instead of training drivers for the Enviro?

I wonder why Arriva don't want the 512/513? I believe Maytree used to have the contract and reckon they may well get it again.
arriva bolton are short on room so i would think that is why they never went in for it mate, i would expect maytree get it with where they are located and as you said have ran the route before (better than first are currently running it)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/12/2012 21:51)Polo Mint Wrote:  Don't Bolton still have many Volvo's that could have been used instead of training drivers for the Enviro?

I wonder why Arriva don't want the 512/513? I believe Maytree used to have the contract and reckon they may well get it again.

Bolton don't have that many Volvos now, less than half a dozen, the vast majority of them, ended up in Bury Depot and Manchester Depot, transfered after the olympics, type training for Enviros was because, it was said, that Bury Depot was closed on Boxing day, due to engineer staff not working, so Bury Drivers would work out of Weston Street Depot, using Bolton Vehicles for Bury Routes, and considering Bolton is An Enviro depot, Bury Drivers needed some training, hence why Bolton's 33742 was at Bury overnight last week.

On the subject of the First Bolton operating of the 512/3 i for one did sl*g them, but i take it all back, maytree couldn't have worked it any better, the last time they worked the routes last April, the faults on the 512/3 routes are the actual routes and timings. No operator could get around them, so i don't really Blame First Manchester for handing them back in. The route changes for the 512/3 services i think will be the making of these routes, and sort them out once and for all
Are 31929 and 31943 still going? :P
(28/12/2012 01:48)thomasl1231 Wrote:  Are 31929 and 31943 still going? :P

Last thing ive heard is 34092 transfered to Pioneer to possibly have replaced 31936 as for the two you have mentioned. Its possible that two olys coming from yorkshire could replace them
(28/12/2012 01:59)BY37393 Wrote:  
(28/12/2012 01:48)thomasl1231 Wrote:  Are 31929 and 31943 still going? :P

Last thing ive heard is 34092 transfered to Pioneer to possibly have replaced 31936 as for the two you have mentioned. Its possible that two olys coming from yorkshire could replace them

yes they are still going they are for capacity on 2 duties and will be here from what im told until end of school year then we may get 2 more newer!! deckers for them
but i havent been in depot for 3 week (not needed for kpi tracking and route observations)

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)