Current time: 28/04/2024, 19:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
First Manchester 60112 Scania Ultralow is currently out operating on 582 service in Leigh Bus Station
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
For crying out loud! Why didnt they at least send L94s?

Do we know why these have arrived? Thought they might be to replace the last three Arrows but they seem to be still out and about.

(20/12/2012 16:50)M60lad Wrote:  First Manchester 60112 Scania Ultralow is currently out operating on 582 service in Leigh Bus Station
(20/12/2012 18:46)WWH44L Wrote:  For crying out loud! Why didnt they at least send L94s?

Do we know why these have arrived? Thought they might be to replace the last three Arrows but they seem to be still out and about.

(20/12/2012 16:50)M60lad Wrote:  First Manchester 60112 Scania Ultralow is currently out operating on 582 service in Leigh Bus Station

Speaking of Arrows, 31941 was on the 519 earlier at around 15:45ish! :P
I'm pretty sure School Services require enough seats for each child and none are really supposed to stand... I am not sure on this but I've definitely read it somewhere...

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/

Would have had a bit of a detour if it was in service on the 582 this morning, as according to First's Twitter page, the service was diverted via Tyldesley due to an accident between Atherton and Over Hulton (brief resurrection of the diversion route from last year).
(20/12/2012 21:16)P528LND Wrote:  I'm pretty sure School Services require enough seats for each child and none are really supposed to stand... I am not sure on this but I've definitely read it somewhere...

It was certainly the case when I was at school (10 years ago Smile ).
(20/12/2012 21:16)P528LND Wrote:  I'm pretty sure School Services require enough seats for each child and none are really supposed to stand... I am not sure on this but I've definitely read it somewhere...
It's not the case on the contracts in the St Helens area so would seem not to be a Merseytravel requirement.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

No, as in the case of some tenders the capacity requirement exceeds what is available on the market. Some tenders have a requirement og 95.

The "no standing" rule probably just applies to Yellow School Buses.
Former 40398 (now Stagecoach 33338), brokedown on the M6 near Shap, yesterday enroute to Kilmarnock.
(12/12/2012 18:43)BY37393 Wrote:  Geminis have been more frequently seen on the 135s due to the re starting of the bendi buses, they are acting as cover. However First Bury are reported to be swithching the 135s to B9s in February next year, and the 18 bendi's are going full time on 471S, as its said they are more efficent on the 471s than the 135S, again told to me by two drivers.

Bad news for 471 passengers, then - replacing 70+ seat double deckers by buses with about 50 seats, unless they increase the frequency. I was on 12007 today from Bury to Bolton on the 471. With rather a lot of standing passengers, it lost time during loading & unloading, and before we reached Breightmet, it was overtaken by 37400 on the following 471. By the time we reached Bolton bus station, 37400 was already heading back towards Bury (but "not in service".)

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)