Current time: 27/04/2024, 13:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(04/12/2012 19:41)SF07 Wrote:  Solo on the X84 this evening, not exactly the first choice vehicle for a peak-time express service.

That's the first time it's happened for the X84 I think, i've seen it happen on the X82 once previously though :P

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
First bit of information about Christmas/New Year services have appeared on the First Manchester website. Saturday services until around 6pm on Christmas/New Years Eve, Saturday service on 27/28 December, normal service over weekend of 29/30 December and no services on New Years Day except Metroshuttle 1/2.

No information about last buses on 24/31 Dec or information about Boxing Day buses. However, looking on Traveline and news on the TfGM website, it would seem that First are running more services this Boxing Day with earlier/later services.

Services will run half-hourly on the 8, 17, 18, 36, 37, 83 (Oldham-Manchester), 93, 98, 100 (Hollins Green-Manchester), 135, 163, 184 (Oldham-Manchester), 409, 471 and 582, every 15 mins on the 100 (Trafford Centre-Manchester) and every hour on the 26 and 68. Sunday service will run on the Metroshuttle 1/2. 59 and 81 will also run between Oldham and Manchester.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...941&conf=0
http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_cent...icleId=108
Does anyone know what happened to the Hybrid Volvo's on the 17 service? It appears that the previous buses used have returned to this route apart from the odd journey. I understand the 18 has been expanded to Rusholme, however surely it doesn't require an extra 10 or 12 buses for the extension?

Speaking of service 18, it pases close to my place of work and at first no-one was using it but recently it seems to have got signifcantly busier. At first I thought it was a crazy idea with all the competition, but all the First Week crowd and others who wanted to get to Universities/hospitals can use the service. Hopefully Firstbus can try a Manchester to Ashton route?[/align]

[align=left]
(30/11/2012 18:15)SF07 Wrote:  Did see a branded bus on the 162 this afternoon but it was for the 58/59 (37462).
Really? I thought the 162 was Bury based and the 58/59 buses are Oldham based?

How is the 162 service performing anyhow? Seemed pretty busy earlier this week leaving Piccadilly.
(08/12/2012 19:07)Polo Mint Wrote:  Does anyone know what happened to the Hybrid Volvo's on the 17 service? It appears that the previous buses used have returned to this route apart from the odd journey. I understand the 18 has been expanded to Rusholme, however surely it doesn't require an extra 10 or 12 buses for the extension?

Speaking of service 18, it pases close to my place of work and at first no-one was using it but recently it seems to have got signifcantly busier. At first I thought it was a crazy idea with all the competition, but all the First Week crowd and others who wanted to get to Universities/hospitals can use the service. Hopefully Firstbus can try a Manchester to Ashton route?[/align]

[align=left]
(30/11/2012 18:15)SF07 Wrote:  Did see a branded bus on the 162 this afternoon but it was for the 58/59 (37462).
Really? I thought the 162 was Bury based and the 58/59 buses are Oldham based?

How is the 162 service performing anyhow? Seemed pretty busy earlier this week leaving Piccadilly.

37462 has moved to Bury Depot Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

(08/12/2012 19:07)Polo Mint Wrote:  Does anyone know what happened to the Hybrid Volvo's on the 17 service? It appears that the previous buses used have returned to this route apart from the odd journey. I understand the 18 has been expanded to Rusholme, however surely it doesn't require an extra 10 or 12 buses for the extension?

Speaking of service 18, it pases close to my place of work and at first no-one was using it but recently it seems to have got signifcantly busier. At first I thought it was a crazy idea with all the competition, but all the First Week crowd and others who wanted to get to Universities/hospitals can use the service.
The hybrids are confined to the 18. The extra buses are needed due to the running time given. The PVR means the full complement of hybrids would be needed without any spares.

From what I have seen, loadings are still very low, only picking up around visiting and shift change times. Most passenger traffic gets off by the time it reaches Oxford Road.
Not sure if its been reported but 60379 is currently operating out of Oldham Depot and today is on 181/182s
(10/12/2012 09:26)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if its been reported but 60379 is currently operating out of Oldham Depot and today is on 181/182s

That's odd, we don't usually entertain B10BLE's...

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

40364 on the 184 this afternoon
(10/12/2012 22:00)SF07 Wrote:  40364 on the 184 this afternoon

Second time for that particular vehicle as it did a few 184 duties in October, however when I had the displeasure of boarding it, it had to be swapped due to the windscreen being so heavily ridden with condensation and we were moved onto a B9TL. :P

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

I've seen Normal Gemini's on the 18 on Oxford road a few times but loadings havnt been good.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)