Current time: 08/05/2024, 03:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(23/08/2019 07:35)EDB325 Wrote:  My money says they'll keep it for now, and possibly administer it from Leeds - it's only 18 miles over the A62 to Huddersfield after all.

I think your probably right. Judging by the scaling back we will see next week in Tameside they seem to be attempting to make it easier to manage. I don’t think they will take it off the market as it would have made more sense to run everything from there and not rusholme but I think they are prepared to sit and wait.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/08/2019 20:07)AlexBus12 Wrote:  One of the Gemini 2s, either 36279/80 was parked at the Arriva/Vantage depot, presume these are now based there as previously they were at Oldham

It would probably be wise anyway to base these at Bolton as they run and have been running over the last few weeks full Vantage diagrams straight through to Leigh on V1's.

I understand ten electric vehicles are due early next year and that 5 of them will replace the 3 Volvo B7RLE' and 36279/80 the others will be additional vehicles for extra diagrams to be introduced next year.

Suspect the issue with basing 36279/80 at Bolton has been that 39237-39261 are under contract maintenance arrangements with Volvo at Trafford Park where as 36279/80 are not, therefore they will in effect be out-stationed from Oldham as they will have to go back there for maintenance.
Just thought, not quite sure how they will charge up electric vehicles in a rented yard!!! Presume this is some sort of stop gap measure based upon whether First Manchester will still operate Vantage or whether it transfers onward to another operator, presumably one of Diamond North West, Stagecoach Manchester or Arriva North West.
Anyone know what's happened to 66338? It was stored on the pits for months at Bolton, and looking at the fleet changes it hasn't been mentioned.
Just been reading that first have appointed ex arriva C.E.O (David Martins) the new C.E.O of first in the hope he can turn things around.
Following Changes:

30915 X779 VUA now SORN.

The following Training Buses are Withdrawn, Did they stay with First?
60322 N527 WVR is now SORN.
66193 S793 RWG is now untaxed, Expired 31st July.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Interestingly on the subject of trainers, 62183 X684ADK has been converted from a trainer to a temporary office at the Vantage base at Bolton.
What will happen with first
Are they staying in the north west as a minor or just waiting to offload everything they have got..to me seems a little mixed up
(04/09/2019 18:47)johnluke Wrote:  What will happen with first
Are they staying in the north west as a minor or just waiting to offload everything they have got..to me seems a little mixed up

They want to sell Oldham but have decided to delay the sale as no sensible offers were received some Ashton routes are no longer operated by First. Vantage is a TfGM contract that First have I think until March 2021 when it will then be re tendered, the evening 2 & 68s are also on tender due to Rotala not allowed to operate tendered routes by TfGM. I can’t see First being in Greater Manchester (depending on what happens with Oldham) for much longer.
(03/09/2019 21:42)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Interestingly on the subject of trainers, 62183 X684ADK has been converted from a trainer to a temporary office at the Vantage base at Bolton.

It probably would have easier to hire portable office cabin.

User(s) browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)