Current time: 08/05/2024, 05:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(23/06/2017 08:45)SLTRegular Wrote:  66893 is a Oldham bus?

It's 66983 that's turned up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A KX05 former Midlands example

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Reported on First Group Enthusiasts group on Facebook is 66983 came to Bolton as a replacement for 66850

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
33738 is still at Bolton and is on the 37
33850 is still here too, on the 501 today
67418 is on loan to Bolton nd is on the 501 today
Updates this month:

40330 Oldham - Withdrawn (SORN)

Can anyone confirm where 32911, 32916, 37398, 37399 and 37400 are?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Had a spin yesterday on 1 of the electric optare versas 49921, & have to say I was very impressed! Gorgeous buses, plenty of interior room etc, only thing that slightly put me off is their a bit juddery in stop/start traffic, but guess this is due to the electric motors not liking working at slower speeds?

Must say though once the traffic cleared, for a full electric bus they can't half shift! Driver got his foot down for a short bit & 49921 seems really quite rapid.

Does anyone know, will the metroshuttle routes ever revert back to their original routes at all? Obviously with all the building work going on atm, the routes can change & spinningfields is out of the question for now. However, re-instating the MOSI/castlefield sections of route 2 & the salford central train station section on 3 would be better & the market st bit of the number 1 as these were all quite heavily used stops.
I have just seen that route 22 is withdrawn on July 23rd. It will be replaced by route 2, run by First, from Bolton to Trafford Centre and route 25, run by Stagecoach, from Stockport to Trafford Centre.
(01/07/2017 08:19)33109 Wrote:  Does anyone know, will the metroshuttle routes ever revert back to their original routes at all? Obviously with all the building work going on atm, the routes can change & spinningfields is out of the question for now. However, re-instating the MOSI/castlefield sections of route 2 & the salford central train station section on 3 would be better & the market st bit of the number 1 as these were all quite heavily used stops.

I somewhat doubt it, and can see the three routes being reduced to two in order to save costs as the budget for the Metroshuttle is quite high!

Then again, the route of Metroshuttle 3 is the same as the original route of Metroshuttle 1 but going around the Deansgate loop in the opposite direction due to the reversal of the one way on St Mary's Gate. Route 2 is similar to what it was originally (but extended from Shudehill to Piccadilly)... the route around the uni was changed due to low usage there, and I think the MoSI bit was removed due to traffic issues.

User(s) browsing this thread: 44 Guest(s)